is it black or blue..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
I have just finished sculpting with black for the first time.. i have done stiletto black zone 1 with perfect colour pink zone 2&3...
Looked fine finished ((only thing im a bit miffed with is im still shy with my smiles.. not deep enough.. slowly slowly i will get there..))
problem is this..

I decided to finish it with a uv top coat and now zone 1 looks BLUE!! navy even! anyone know whats happened.. i use this top coat alot but mainly over white or red ((as they are the two colours i use alot of.. and the red is normally coloured tips not sculptered))

never noticed any colour change before.. :rolleyes:.. its doin my bloomin head in!!

I may be totally off the mark here, but the uv top coat I use glows blue under the lamp. Could it be something to do with that?

I may be totally off the mark here, but the uv top coat I use glows blue under the lamp. Could it be something to do with that?

Mine does too.. but not normally in normal light.. I am going to take pics and see what it looks like.. perhaps my eyes are playing tricks.. its navy or is it black?? no its def navy.. I butted up to the black so i dont think its the pink over black.. unless i pulled it over without knowing..

((see what i mean.. doin my head in:grr: ))

Don't stress to much Chels .... navy's the new black this season anyways :lol:

Its not you hun, uv top coats do this to black,
i have noticed if i put it over red, when in the sunbed it shines purple.

it isnt you its the topcoat, uv top coats have a very slightly violet tinge to them(cant really see it in natural light)...they make whites brighter and when i did black tips i used uvtop coat and got the blue tinge to them......

I have just finished sculpting with black for the first time.. i have done stiletto black zone 1 with perfect colour pink zone 2&3...
Looked fine finished ((only thing im a bit miffed with is im still shy with my smiles.. not deep enough.. slowly slowly i will get there..))
problem is this..

I decided to finish it with a uv top coat and now zone 1 looks BLUE!! navy even! anyone know whats happened.. i use this top coat alot but mainly over white or red ((as they are the two colours i use alot of.. and the red is normally coloured tips not sculptered))

never noticed any colour change before.. :rolleyes:.. its doin my bloomin head in!!

Hi Chels

You are correct darling the min you put on the uv coat it will change your back to navy blue due to optical brightners (oops spelling) in the product.

If you use a normal top coat or Finish Gel if you like the wet look your colour will still stay true black.

Hope this helps hun:hug:

Don't stress to much Chels .... navy's the new black this season anyways :lol:

lmao:lol: that was great

yeah had this issue too was quite irratated but thats what it does

I think it's just the mix of colours, when you mix balck and violet you get dark blue like say when you mix primary colours say red and yellow you get orange.

The UV top coat has your violet optical brighteners and when placed over lack that's what you're seeing, the colour mix.

In the same way the violet is opposite/complementary to yellow on the colour wheel which is why violet is used as an optical brightner/ingredient in nail products as it knocks out any yellow colouring.

I think the same theory is used in hairdressing too....

Thanks everyone.. I was worried it was my application of the pink.. Im sure i didnt cover the black but you just never know lol!
Having a look this morning they are true black.. but its an overcast day and pretty dark indoors, I'll bet the minute i get outside they will be Navy again..
LOL@ Sals.. so does this mean im actually fashionable for once..

My main issue is the perfect colour pink and the Navy look is a touch on the dodgy side.. but looks great with black.. think i will file off the uv first thing!
:hug:'s and all that for your help! x

Thanks everyone.. I was worried it was my application of the pink.. Im sure i didnt cover the black but you just never know lol!
Having a look this morning they are true black.. but its an overcast day and pretty dark indoors, I'll bet the minute i get outside they will be Navy again..
LOL@ Sals.. so does this mean im actually fashionable for once..

My main issue is the perfect colour pink and the Navy look is a touch on the dodgy side.. but looks great with black.. think i will file off the uv first thing!
:hug:'s and all that for your help! x

I am totally confident that when you take the uv off and put on a normal top coat they will look FAB:hug:

I am totally confident that when you take the uv off and put on a normal top coat they will look FAB:hug:
Yes they will cos there's no optical brighteners (violet) in them!

I use black CND pwd and use IBD Intense Seal.. I have never had a problem with it going Navy Blue on me.. And I love how super shiney the Gel Top Coat is..

Ah, now maybe I am confusing a gel top coat with a UV protecting top coat here......which did you use LittleGrohl?

Latest posts

Back