Is it greeny?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugs

Reaction score
I had a client last night, she had gels nails which were done in a local salon. She was not happy with them (they were really badly done) so we decided to take them off and do a new set of nails. One nail had a very visable infill line which she said they had not been able to get rid of so had put resin on it.

When I buffed the gel away a dark green patch became visable it is about 1/3 of the width if her nail, is this the start of an infection?

i told her that I was not happy to put a new set on until this had gone and she understood this but is going to a wedding on Saturday. Is there anything i can do to make her nails look nice for the day without making things worse? is it safe to paint them?

Any help would be great

It does sound like a green nail infection but now that the product has been removed, the infection will no longer be active although the stain left by the presence of the bacteria will need to grow out.

It is perfectly ok to put an enhancement on this nail once it has been prepped.

Please look on the geeks tutorials to read all about this kind of infection and what is safe and not safe to do. There are so many factual tutorials here on this site to help you with problems like this.

Thanks Geeg, she will be soooo pleased.

Latest posts

Back