Is it just me..............my 240 grit files lose grit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
I know there really isn't a lot of grit on this file anyways but I really find that it's a file that I can really only get a few uses from. Anyone else experience this, what else can I use to prep the nails that will hold up longer?
I am thinking I am getting lifting from this file not etching enough??

Help please,

Hiya ... you really only need to remove the shine from the nails anyway , no etching is required. if you are getting lifting in zone 3 then its more than likely either product touching the skin or not removing the non living skin properly.

As long as the nail is dull and with no shiny spots anywhere...all zones ... and side walls...(pull the skin back to get to them) then it will adhere fine along with the above done too. x

I know i am getting lifting on myself due to getting way too close to the cuticle.

But did wonder about the files losing the grit fast, but as long as it's not shiny we're good, that's great, thanks!

I know there really isn't a lot of grit on this file anyways but I really find that it's a file that I can really only get a few uses from. Anyone else experience this, what else can I use to prep the nails that will hold up longer?
I am thinking I am getting lifting from this file not etching enough??

Help please,

Actually there is more grit on this abrasive than most ... but it is finer and fills up with dust more easily.

Your files/abrasives should be considered disposable in your pricing. Most files are only good for a limited number of uses.

Clean them well by brushing free of dust and then spray with a disinfectant spray after every use. But don't expect miracles they will not last at their optimim best for more than a few uses. If you budget for this in your pricing then it is a non issue isn't it?

I think it depends on how you are using them and also to make sure you brush off excess dust and sanitise as Geeg says.

I have to say, i only use my 240 grit files about three times, then i use a new one. Its the same with most of my files, only use them a few times, because if i don't use new files regularly, then i end up working harder to remove product etc the next client i have. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks everyone,

aj

Latest posts

Back