Is it just me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucy, you are a mother so you are capable of anything!!

as said before the skills we master as parents help us more than we realise, the ability to negotiate, praise, listen, learn new skills, help others, motivate children, sensitivity and so on. also we didn't become great Mothers overnight??we worked at it, nails are no different.....you will have good days and bad days, nice clients and not so nice, you cannot please everyone all of the time but can only do your best!

have faith in yourself and your abilities but don't forget to enjoy what you do along the way and then your clients will enjoy having their nails done. I've said before on here many times that the more we do something the better we get and we also find better ways of doing things in time...one day it will all click into place and you will feel happy but we never stop learning in this industry ( the same as being a mother!!).......Good luck xx

We've all been there, felt that same weak-knee-ed feeling with that first client, wondering if she'll like her service, if she'll return for a 2nd service. Trust me, we know exactly how those butterflies in your stomach feel.

Your confidence or lack of confidence will emanate through your touch. You have to tell yourself, convince yourself, before you even touch your client that you can do it and you can do it well.

I remember chanting..."I got this. I got this. I can do this. I can totally do this."

I've never posted here before, I think it's down to also not feeling I'm not good enough. I read through the threads religiously, for info and inspiration. I qualified with Kinetics in 2010, and my confidence is zero! I to am a mum (of 8!) and work , so juggling both is pretty demanding. It's not given me much time to practice.

I too am considering the CND conversion course, so that I can get stuck in there! Sometimes I feel, that I'm never going to achieve what I have dreamed of doing since I was 19.... I sometimes think it's to late for me, and I will never be good enough, but its all I want to do:sad:

I'll be over the moon when I have a client book a 2nd appt :)
My tutor told me I seemed very confident when i was with clients at college even though I was shaking inside so I must hide my nerves well thank goodness x

Wow Debbie 8 children! Sweetheart I believe you can achieve ANYTHING!!! Sometimes I struggle with the challenges my 4 bring!
I'll let you know how my conversion course goes next week but I have high hopes and think its a new beginning for me from then on xxx

Thank you so much Lucy, that means a lot. The 8 of them have really kept me on my toes, and not had not much time for anything else! That would be brilliant, if you could let us know how everything goes next week. Hope it all goes well, and good luck! xxx

Thank you so much Lucy, that means a lot. The 8 of them have really kept me on my toes, and not had not much time for anything else! That would be brilliant, if you could let us know how everything goes next week. Hope it all goes well, and good luck! xxx

Of course I'll let you know how it goes!
I ordered my first few colours of Shellac and it's being delivered tomorrow!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm having a total crisis of confidence :sad:
Ive just qualified (nvq2) which really wasn't a great course, I've certainly learned far more from this site than the whole course!!
I'm doing a CND conversion course a week today and then I'm going to start offering enhancements to clients.
I'm just panicking about whether I'm good enough, will I be able to detect any nail disorders, will my clients be happy, how much to charge etc etc
All I've done for 16 years is look after my children and I'm doubting that I'm good enough to do anything else! My 4 children are stressing me out a lot at the moment and I'm thinking if I can't cope with them how can I do anything else???
Please someone tell me it's not just me that feels like this:sad:

Hey lucybell I have 3 children and started learing nails last Nov, it is a struggle at times as I work from home and 2 full days in accounts. I started off with a basic course and really did just get the basics, Ive since trained with Nsi and more recently Young Nails. Getting quality training is so important so a conversion with CND is definately a step in the right direction.
Ive also found with having a family its time management, I only book one night appointment no later than 6.30 and only 3-4 in one day so as not to put myself under too much pressure.
There are times I think I cant cope and those are the times SG is invaluable along with many others lol. Good luck with your conversion.:D

Hey lucybell I have 3 children and started learing nails last Nov, it is a struggle at times as I work from home and 2 full days in accounts. I started off with a basic course and really did just get the basics, Ive since trained with Nsi and more recently Young Nails. Getting quality training is so important so a conversion with CND is definately a step in the right direction.
Ive also found with having a family its time management, I only book one night appointment no later than 6.30 and only 3-4 in one day so as not to put myself under too much pressure.
There are times I think I cant cope and those are the times SG is invaluable along with many others lol. Good luck with your conversion.:D

Good to hear its working out for you. Thanks for the support x

Hi Lucy, Like you I have children (4 of them) and mine stress me out 2...especially when I have exams and am up two nights prior to that with my little one with colic!!! A day at a time is now my motto. I have literally had my confidence knocked out of me and I struggled to even get out of the house to drive to the course, but it was the best thing I have ever done. I can't do everything, I'm raising them alone,I work, look after the house and I am now training as a CND nail tech.

I also worry about the what if's.......but I have to keep things in perspective a I will deal with one section of the course at a time, come on SG and read and revise in the evenings as much as I can. I will also deal with one client at a time, I have my first two tomorrow...my mum I know, my other client is a mum from school who I speak to but don't know that well so I'm trying to study this morning and prepare for tomorrow, am I scared...oh yes...petrified!! But I will do it, I will do it for me, for my children, for my friends and family and I'll do it because I don't just want to be a good nail tech...I want to be a really good nail tech.
xx

Well Rebecca, with that attitude I think it's plainly obvious that you're not gonna be "a really good nail tech"......
You're gonna be an AMAZING nail tech!!!
Good luck with your new clients and good luck Lucy to you too xxxx

All I've done for 16 years is look after my children and I'm doubting that I'm good enough to do anything else!

Darling if that's what you've done for the last 16 years . . . . you're good enough to do ANYTHING else xx

I no how you feel and the fact your bothered shows you care enough to do a good job!
You sound like you are putting 100% in and keen to learn, I'm sure you be great at what you do, I done the nvq in 2004 and only this year qualified in bio sculpture as not been working due to health Problems, it can be very daunting but I was told practice practice practice and you will get there and with the great help and advice on here you will be just fine x x x

Thanks ladies...
I'm feeling in a better frame of mind today!
To think this time last year I was feeling really depressed and not having a clue about what to do when my youngest started full time school. Now I'm focused and have an identity other than 'mum'!x

Latest posts

Back