Is It Me.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelli-marie

Reaction score
I just want to ask a question which might appear siily.
Ive just recentley qualified as a nail technician and i learnt the blending with tip blender using a file by hand.
Do many of you use this or do you use the electric file, i just wondered what was more popular as i keep seeing them used in alot of salons.
I no this might seem like a really thick question to ask but i just wondered.

i blend my hand. You often see it in the salons coz it makes it faster and they can turn their clients around quicker and cheaper!

Definately do it by hand more because if i personally was to use an electric file i would end up taking the natural nail plate off as well i can get quite file happy at times!!! I prefer it by hand and it will always be that way x x

I thought so i totally agree.I had a client come to see me to show what had happend to her.
On her middle finger she had a blood blister from someone using one of these electric drills, they had burned right through her nail plate, i said it was down from swearing to much lol.
Anyway thanks guys im glad its not just me.

i use a nail file much more control :cool:

caza

I agree with everyone else, i would never need to use an electric file as i do most of the work with my brush, so you barely file to get an even finish. When it comes to rebalance time i would still only use my hand file, nothing more.

I blend the tip by hand.

However, I would love to see (up close) how an electric file is used for chanelling out the smile line in a rebalance as I'm sure (in properly trained hands) this could be useful. I've seen it from a distance and it looked pretty clever.

I use hand file too, have an electric drill but only use it on a rebalance never on a full set or new nail.

Jue xx

Latest posts

Back