Is It Needed ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danger Mouse

Reaction score
I have no idea about the answer to this but do you need a qualifications to braid hair??

I assume you do, cos in order to gain PLI you would need some form of certificate/training.

Reason why I'm asking is, I coordinate a heath and beauty section of a festival and the issue has been risen in discussion.

Any help would be grand and if anyones interested in having a stall next year, the festival is in Hertfordshire and is now in its 6th year, visited by over 10000 people.

Pm me if your interested

Level 2 hairdressing covers a few basic plaits,level three covers added hair,but there is NO "qualification" for this,however there are short courses.

Lets face it lot's are uninsured,then there are the companies that would offer insurance if i'd trained you :rolleyes:

hth's

Hi,
Good question I understand your concerns , I think that if you were doing a lot of cornrows and tight to the head plaits you should be aware of the possibilities of traction alopecia and how it can be avoided,

I suppose you could ask your local college if you could just take this unit only ?

Failing that you could ask someone qualified to show you the ropes ,

Or go ahead and do the plaits but make sure you say they are only 24 Hour plaits and braids ,
(or something along these lines ) and put up a sign stating this ,

I am sure your plaiting will be fine to stay in longer but at least you will be covered if it is stated they are only 24 hour ones :hug: hope this helps x

Hi,
Good question I understand your concerns , I think that if you were doing a lot of cornrows and tight to the head plaits you should be aware of the possibilities of traction alopecia and how it can be avoided,

I suppose you could ask your local college if you could just take this unit only ?

Failing that you could ask someone qualified to show you the ropes ,

Or go ahead and do the plaits but make sure you say they are only 24 Hour plaits and braids ,
(or something along these lines ) and put up a sign stating this ,

I am sure your plaiting will be fine to stay in longer but at least you will be covered if it is stated they are only 24 hour ones :hug: hope this helps x

I'm not going down the hair route I'd ratter stick to nails, hairs too complicated.:)

My concern is do they know about contra indications?? apart from one of the obvious ones like lice and also about serialising combs/brushes etc

I had to tell a participant last year she could not take part because she had no form of serialisations and only one comb.

What if she accidental pokes someone in the head with the comb and causes bleeding, no insurance so she's not covered ????

am I being to particular??

I know you see it happen at loads of fates and fairs but its something I've always wondered.

Hi I think some kind of insurance may be needed , I should imagine whoever arranges the fete should also arrange insurance ,

Unless you use professionals and thier own insurance covers them,

Most people understand that it is just a fund raising fun day and I think they realize there is no insurance in place ,
I am really not sure though, perhaps another geek may know ?
:hug: good luck x

Latest posts

Back