is it ok to exfoliate the day of your spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
Just came back from holiday and my client jst left a message to say she hadn't received her exfoliator packs ( I send them to clients for prep) for a tan party tomorrow at 6pm. Obviously it's too late to phone tonight so I just text to recommended a moist, oil and perfume free srub, or a hand mitten. She may not have either as it's too late. What shall I do??? I said I'd call tomorrow morning
Help
:eek:

Its absolutely fine for her to exfoliate on the day in fact its advisable!
She should really do all her hair removal the day before but if she was to do it on the same day it wouldnt be too much of a problem as i shave on the same day of a tan and its all fine but not really advisable unless in emergency situation like this.

Just make sure she does not moisturize on the day of that tan!

hths x

Hi there, can i ask why it's advisable to exfoliate on the day of the tan, i've been wondering about this but i thought it was best the day before.

Thankyou!

That's what I thought? And was told when training.

Its better to do it than not to do it :hug:

Might just be worthwhile investing in some buff wipes and keep in your kit for emergencies :hug:

I always tell clients to exfoliate the day before a tan. You never know how much some people rub!!
Sometimes the skin can be sore and dry so it's best to do it the day before.
If they have to do it on the day then at least you are there to show them how to do it.

Oke doke guys!

I have some sienna x exfoliator prep, but never been told how to use it and so on.......? It hasn't got beads in it, so is it an exfoliator? Do you use it incase someone hsn't preped properly? Been meaning to find out.

:hug:

I always tell clients to exfoliate the day before a tan. You never know how much some people rub!!
Sometimes the skin can be sore and dry so it's best to do it the day before.
[/COLOR][/B]

This is so true! one client was red raw when I arrived! :eek:

Latest posts

Back