Is it OK to spray tan in client's shower?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celebalook

Reaction score
I have a pop up tent as most of you do that spray tan, but a client has asked if i can spray tan them in the shower as then the stain, mist etc can just be washed away afterwards with no residue left on crtains, carpets and furniture etc, also she has the extractor fan as well.

most people have shower cubicles with glass doors these days so it sounds perfect.

would anyone else advise this? i am a mobile beauty therapist and also do spray tans, i will be investing in an extractor at some point but not at the minute.
any advice welcomed good or bad :biggrin:

Hi I am not a spray tanner but my colleague is and she uses her shower cubicle to do spray tans. Hope this helps x

Thanks think it is worth a try x

The shower is an option but it can also be tricky depending on the shower enclosure. If it doesnt open wide enough you are going to have to improvise a bit on the routine and move your client more to get to all the bits.

its definitely do-able and a better option than a bath!

I personally wouldn't as a shower cubicle would not be wide enough for the positions I put my clients into.

i use a shower cubicle in the salon and a tent mobile. The cubicle in the salon is literally just a cubicle -no shower so cleaning is more difficult!

all advice taken on board, i will use it as a opition if needed

I have a pop up tent as most of you do that spray tan, but a client has asked if i can spray tan them in the shower as then the stain, mist etc can just be washed away afterwords with no residue left on curtain's, carpets and furniture etc, also she has the extractor fan as well.

most people have shower cubicles with glass doors these days so it sounds perfect.

would anyone else advise this? i am a mobile beauty therapist and also do spray tans, i will be investing in an extractor at some point but not at the minute.
any advice welcomed good or bad :biggrin:

If the client has asked you to spray her in the shower and provided you are happy to do so...then go do it .

Might just be worthwhile reminding her that the shower will defiantly need washing down thoroughly afterwords of course :wink2:

One of the problems with spray tanning in showers is that the residue over spray falls to the shower base and easily gets onto the soles for the feet which absorb the solution and results in brown or orange feet.

To help eliminate this problem simply use sticky feet or apply a good coating of barrier cream to the soles...but make sure she doesn't slip over:rolleyes:

HTH and good luck

We do it in a shower at work the tiles have turned pink, the walls are splattered with brown specks but we painted it brown so not obvious. I would always use a tent in someone else's bathroom clean up would be a nightmare otherwise.

Need to be careful spraying in bathrooms as any tiled ares with white grout will stain with the tanning solution. Also make sure you put a towel down in the bottom of the shower as it will become very slippy.

Also remember if doing it in a shower the shower head may drip on them during tanning!!!!!!!!! :-O

Also, just a thought.. Is this a regular of yours? If using a tent, you should not have enough overspray that would be enough to cause a mess outside the tent, i.e. curtains and carpets?! Is the setting correct on your gun?

:)
Xxx

Having just read all the paperwork yesterday this is fresh in my mind so going to reiterate the above comment - the tanning solution may stain the grout. I'd be sure to point this out beforehand but if they're happy, it was the client's suggestion...

+1 on the grouting. Had a customer ask exactly the same thing but when she washed her shower down all the grouting turned bright pink. In the end she had to bleach it and it got the colour out, but it never looked as white as before & I got grief for not anticipating this..

We use the tent now!

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I have done lots of tanning in shower cubicles when I was mobile and it is an easy way of avoiding overspray in a clients room. Obviously the opening needs to be wide enough but where there's a will and all that. :cool:

Up to u.

Personally I would not even think about it. You could potentially damage someones bathroom- I wouldn't want to be the person who did that. And you would have all that cleaning to do straight after ur tan as she can't go near water. So more work for u.

I don't ever have "over spray" that goes out of my tent and damages peoples stuff, I set up in the same places in all my clients homes. Xx

I have stood in the bath to get sprayed before to try it out, it goes everywhere on the tiles but easily rinses away. I would be careful of the grout issue though if it's gonna be a regular thing!

Those who are saying there shouldn't be over spray outside the tent, how would you prevent this?? I think it's inevitable even with windows open to ventilate, the mist is air borne so settles where it lands, even when I spray my friends in my house, it layers on surfaces. Easily wiped away like but still...

This is prevented with an extractor fan, and the gun being on a low setting. I can honestly say I have a small amount of over spray inside my tent, and none on clients floors/furniture, I'd be gutted if I had to start cleaning my clients rooms. Xx

In my salon we have a huge wet room/shower area. Right outside it is electrial switches, so everything is planned out. Personally its great to do regular spraytans in this room compared to a tent, if your mobile then tent is idea. It is so easy to wipe down the area after a client, it doesnt stay sticky compared to a tent, that greasy feeling on the tent lining iygwim. All you need is a bathroom spray and wolla your dunzo! Happy days! :biggrin:

I forgot to add we have an extracter built in the wet room, so no mist is breathed in, any overspray is a minimal. xoxo

Latest posts

Back