Quantcast

Is it OK to steam with a glycolic peel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

littlebear

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

It's been a few years since I've done Glycolic peels - is it ok to steam with Glycolic or is it too much?

narney

Reaction score
I personally would not steam with a peel unless you have treated your client many times and know how the skin can react...but if your peel is a good make you shouldn't need to steam at all x

sandydee

Reaction score
I would not steam either as the skin will be more sensitive to heat. This should have been explained in your peel training.. x

laurakate

Reaction score
Too much stimulation. It's likely to make the skin sore.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
It's in any standard aftercare with peels, No Steam Rooms Saunas etc after a peel so I imagine it's the same when it comes to steaming the face

Hannahx

Reaction score
No need to...you want the skin dry when you apply the glycolic [emoji108]

skin remedy

Reaction score
heat and moisture increase a skin to become more absorbent(great to comebine steam with hydrating mask) but heat only will activate and intensify acide or enzyme solution. if your peel solution contains less than 30% of active Glycolic and also has other antioxidants or skin calming ingredients then there shouldn't be no problem doing it with steam , But if it's over 30% pure acide with lots of isopropyl alcohol then steaming wouldn't be a good idea as it will dry and irritate a skin.

littlebear

Reaction score
heat and moisture increase a skin to become more absorbent(great to comebine steam with hydrating mask) but heat only will activate and intensify acide or enzyme solution. if your peel solution contains less than 30% of active Glycolic and also has other antioxidants or skin calming ingredients then there shouldn't be no problem doing it with steam , But if it's over 30% pure acide with lots of isopropyl alcohol then steaming wouldn't be a good idea as it will dry and irritate a skin.

Thanks! I was thinking steam and Glycolic isn't a good combination, but I just wanted to be sure. I used to do a steam & glyc tratment in a previous place I worked (8 yrs ago!) but with a low % of Glycolic

Latest posts