Is it OK to tint & extend lashes on same day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rozzy_Wrixon

Reaction score
Hi

I'm just doing a lashes course (it wasn't on the syllabus when I went to college!) and am doing the case studies at home.

Is it ok to tint the lashes right before applying one on one extensions?

Im sure I read somewhere we're meant to tint at least a day before - is that right or can I tint on the same day?

Thanks in advance! x
:Love:

It is fine to tint & then apply lashes at the same appointment.

Yes just make sure the lashes are completely clean of all tint and fully dry before adding lashes x

When i did my training I got told to tint when them come in for a patch test for the lashes.

Kirsty

When i did my training I got told to tint when them come in for a patch test for the lashes.

Kirsty

You should be patch testing for tint aswel though. Unless they have it regularly then it's fine.

Laura💋

It's possible to do it, but keep in mind that tint leaves a residue on the lashes and any extensions put on may not adhere properly and therefore not last as long. I refuse to tint and extend straight away - I have clients ask but I always advise them to have the tint 24 hours before.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I have just finished my Eyelash course and was told to wait 24 hours after tinting to apply eyelashes :)

yeah wait 24 hours before you lash up :)

From experience i can say that I have a few ladies with pretty much albino lashes who I regularly tint and lash on the same day.
Their lashes last just as long as everyone else's.
You just need to thoroughly clean and dry them.

Just be aware that you won't be able to tint them again at infill without removing the lashes so you need to decide if its worth it x

I was taught 24 hrs later

From experience i can say that I have a few ladies with pretty much albino lashes who I regularly tint and lash on the same day.
Their lashes last just as long as everyone else's.
You just need to thoroughly clean and dry them.

Just be aware that you won't be able to tint them again at infill without removing the lashes so you need to decide if its worth it x

Completely agree x

Completely agree x

I'd love to be doing tint at the same time when lashing. From my experience lashes lasted just a week( another client 2 weeks) when I did tinting. Please advise

I was trained to wait 24hours. And from experience my clients lashes last well into a month but with tint and lash ext same day it cut in half. So it all depends on your own preference working as a therapist.

Beauty at your finger tips!

should be fine, just make sure to thoroughly clean the lashes after the tint :)

tint first apply lashes last xxx

Hi

I'm just doing a lashes course (it wasn't on the syllabus when I went to college!) and am doing the case studies at home.

Is it ok to tint the lashes right before applying one on one extensions?

Im sure I read somewhere we're meant to tint at least a day before - is that right or can I tint on the same day?

Thanks in advance! x
:Love:

There are 2 reasons that you should not tint and do extensions in the same treatment.

1:The solvent used in some tints will react with ingredients in the eyelash adhesive. By allowing 24-48 hrs between treatments you can be sure that the solvent has had time to evaporate and be sure of a strong bond.
2: Tinting dries the lash removing some of the oils right down to the root of the lash and can temporarily affect the secretions of the glands that empty into the lash follicle. Waiting allows time for the natural balance to recover in the lash follicle and lessens the chance of adhesive wicking along the lash to it's root.

To sum up: you may get away with it if the solvent in the tint is compatible but you still run the risk of lash damage so I would advise you not to do the two treatments together. . hope this helps.

Hey!

Bit off topic, but we do lash extensions at my salon (we use NovaLash) and I was interested in tinting as well. What brand of tint do you use, and what kind of training is available?

Thanks!

very helpful topic xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back