is it okay to have a bath after a spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorr

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to spray tanning, have two clients to spray on Wednesday at their house who have told me they don't have a shower only a bath. Just wondering if it is okay to have a bath the following day? Worried it may wash too much of the tan off!! Thanks xx

No its fine to have a quick bath, not too hot and not too long.

Sent from my HTC Desire

Thank you!!xx

And pat dry. not rub..

Shower is better if u can, your tan will last longer but won't harm it.

Why will it last longer?

Soaking in the bath softens your skin more than having a shower so your skin will naturally exfoliate a bit quicker, depends really how long you stay in, water temp and bath solution really if quick dip in a not too hot bath be fine. I just recommend all my clients to shower.... Hope this helps

I would agree a shower is so much better I would never have a bath after a spray tan as I think this would cause it to go streaky lying in the tan u see

But just let them know you would recommend A shower x

Not a lot of choice if they don't have a shower and only have a bath ;)

Hi ya I find ( and it is only my personal preference so please don't shout at me!!) that after my tans I run a tepid bath and jump in rinse off and jump out again I prefer this to showering and I find it quicker my tans last for a week :) would never say to lie in a hot bath though it will make it fade a lot faster yes agree with the aftercare pat dry and moisturise! X

For those clients that dont have a shower I recomend they do 1 of the following:

Run a warm bath get in wash off and get out quickly.
Buy a cheap shower attachment for the bath taps.
Use a jug or similar to pour water over themeselves while standing.

And they are always told to pat dry.

Latest posts

Back