Is it only bio that you can do sculptures with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mansa

Reaction score
hiya another question :)
is it only bio that you can extend and sculpt the natural nail? if you are using gelish or shellac can you only extend with a tip? or is there another soak off system that you can sculpt with? i am looking for something cheaper then the course for bio as they told me yesterday that because i have done no other nail system that i would have to do the 2.5 day course which now costs over £700 which is a lot of money to be honest and the products are pretty pricey too so dont know whether to bite the bullet and do it or if there is something that is the same thing, just as good and cheaper training

any advice would be really appreciated as i am going round in circles - make my mind up to do one thing and then start having doubts

xx

I would imagine that you could extend the nail with any traditional soak off gel.

Shellac is not a gel like the many other soak off gels, Shellac is a hybrid polish with gel technology. It is designed for natural nail clients who want extended wear from their colour.

With the Jessica GELeration system there is a product called Build that can be used to sculpt, but you can't sculpt with the gel-polishes themselves. Both the Build and the Jessica gel-polishes can be used on their own or together, depending on whether you need sculpting or just an overlay.

Lechat nobility soak off clear gel works well for sculpting in conjunction with the nobility colour gels.

I believe gelish has a structure gel that is suitable for a short extension too ?

You can sculpt with Calgel, it is basically the same as bio. (Soak off gel) I was debating training with Bio but chose Calgel, one of the reasons being Bio dont teach you how to sculpt on their course but Calgel do. Look up Izabelle Hammon, you will need to contact them for training details as they do not publish on their website. You will need a mani/pedi certificate as you would with Bio, so far they have been really helpful to me.....Good luck :lol:

Hi,

I recently trained with Calgel and you are taught how to sculpt as part of the training course. From what I understand with Bio you use a specific gel for buidling then a different type of gel for the rest fo the nail. With calgel you have one clear gel which is used for the sculpt and the overlay (correct me if im wrong)

I found once I had got into the sculpts I prefer them to tips as its much easier than all of the blending you get with tips and the fit is exact.

Cute Kitten

OMG! I have been doing nails for 10 years now and I just found Bellissima Gel, It is marvellous for sculpting, no shrinkage and most colours only need one coat.
I got mine through Glitz Glitter on one of their training days, i found them on Facebook, look them up as you can contact them for any orders from there. Try their glitters as well, they work with acrylic too!!! Heres the link, hope this helps. Glitz Glitter | Facebook

Last edited:
Light Elegance also has a Builder for sculpting.

Latest posts

Back