is it possible to bring back a dying business???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamarie

Reaction score
Hello All !!!:)

Hope that you are all well!
I am having a bit of a time of it and was wondering if I could have some advice from my extended family out there:hug:
As some of you already know I have been suffering lately with my health. (I am not looking for sympathy I just want you all to know the full story).
I started my mobile beauty business about 17 mnths ago, and aswell as this I work 27 hours a week term time cleaning at a college.
I am going to be totally honest and say that I have not given the business 100%, I seem to have been so tied up with trying to cope with my health, my jobs and my son. (i have M.E and Bipolar Disorder)
Anyway to cut a long story short I have been put on some good medication now and have had a good think about things and have decided that I really want to make a go of my beauty business, However I am so so worried that my business will go no where as in the past I have let quite a few of my clients down!!:cry:
I know this is bad and I feel so guilty but I have not been in a good frame of mind! (although this is a poor excuse)
Although these clients will probably never come back to me, I am worried that I have maybe a bad name now in letting people down:cry:.
Do you think its possible to turn this business around???:!:
I have totally revamped my website and I am thinking of writing cards to my clients I let down offering them free treatments??:confused:

Any Opinions welcomed!!!!!!

Thankyou so much for your help xxxxxx
:hug:

god yes hun its going to be hard and you'll have to start again with clients but i think if now that you are in the right frame of mind to do it definitley.

Also if you have the adresses of those clients you had to let down i would write them a letter and maybe off a special deal to them of a free treatment, and it gives you a chance to explain to them what happened i'm sure they would understand you have dealt with alot chic well done you for getting back on you feet i'm right behind you all the way good luck big :hug:

I agree with Kristy. Hun give it a go. Some will understand some will not. How about a free f/s when you schudle 2 fills that way you are getting something for the buisness not just giving everything away. Comp parrfin dip or something. Good luck :hug:

god yes hun its going to be hard and you'll have to start again with clients but i think if now that you are in the right frame of mind to do it definitley.

Also if you have the adresses of those clients you had to let down i would write them a letter and maybe off a special deal to them of a free treatment, and it gives you a chance to explain to them what happened i'm sure they would understand you have dealt with alot chic well done you for getting back on you feet i'm right behind you all the way good luck big :hug:

Absolutely agree with all of this, good luck Gemmamarie xxx

Thankyou soooooo much for your advice guys:)
I am feeling much more positive today thanks to you:)
Really appreciate it,:hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Go for it girl, my business suffered for various reasons which I won't bore you with but I have managed to turn it around and am happy to say it's now doing well.

Go for it girl, my business suffered for various reasons which I won't bore you with but I have managed to turn it around and am happy to say it's now doing well.

Thankyou cathie:)

Thats really good news about your biz now, I am glad everything is going well!
I hope that I manage to do the same as you xxxxx:hug:xxxxx

Definately agree with everyone and all thats been said. Once you gain clients loyalty and sometimes 'give a little extra' they will be dedicated to you and understand your situation. My business struggled when i moved premises twice in one year (i know its a different situation) but i managed to turn it around, im still building up clients. Its been a hard slog but its worth it. Wishing you lots of luck :hug:

Hello Guys!:)

I really just wanted to thank u for the real encouragement:)
I am feeling so much better this week and already have done a bit of "networking" and organised a childs glitz party for next week and possibly a new client for three weeks time:):):)
So I am really pleased but it is thanx to you lot who replied and also the geeks I chat too on MSN!
thanx for giving me the confidence and kick up the bum i needed:hug::hug:

absolutely there are soooo many chimneys out there you havnt even touched! i have had a salon for coming up a year, i am run off my feet, and i still have women come in now that live round the corner, saying they didnt even know i am there!!! cant wait for the future it starts from today!!!!.....lizxxxx:hug:

Sorry to hear you've not been well xx

I agree with whats already been said, if you feel like your ready to give it a go then theres no reason for you not to be successful.

Sit down with a pen and paper and come up with all things you can do to drum up business (there are loads of things you can do without it costing too much)

I would write to all your past clients to expain you are re-launching your business, you may want to include a voucher which could be redeemable against a treatment.

Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back