Is it possible to have healthy blonde hair? I need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeekingAnswers

Reaction score
Good morning,
English is not my mother tongue. I would like to ask if it is possible to keep my blonde hair in good condition - so that hair will no break - by lightening the roots every month at the hairdresser? Can I be light blonde with thin dark blonde/light brown hair naturally?
For several years I have been unsuccessfully trying to become a blonde using 9% and 12% with hi lift blonde dyes. Ashy hi lift blondes colors made my hair gray-green-orange, blue hi lift ones made my hair green-orange, and natural shades made my hair orange (only in hi lift shades, in normal shades there wasn't problem but they were not lightening enough) . I tried 12.0, 12.1, 12.61, 12.89, 12.81.
I am tired of this and it looks like I think about going back to the bleach on low developer. I have a dyed regrowth of 12.81 with 12% it turned out disgustingly, it turns into an ashen-green-orange color. The rest of the hair is bleached by hairdresser (but she was mean so I don't want go back to her) - there is golden very light blonde there, which is the one that I want to have also on the regrowth so I need to fix it in hairdresser.
My natural hair color is 6 or 5 - I am not sure. I feel bad in dark hair.
My hair is breaking a bit because I dyed it many times with hi lift blondes (when I changed the shades I put it all over with lower developer) and they are lightened twice (one time to remove green, second time to make it lighter). Now color on length is ok but the regrowth is disgusting.
My hair is about 60 cm. I don't dry my hair with a dryer - I let it dry naturally, I don't use a straightener or curler, I use alternately Joico and Olaplex 5 conditioner, Joico Revitaluxe mask, Olaplex 0 and 3 once a week.
I would like to know if there is a chance to be a blonde at a hairdresser without breaking hair - if I only fix and lighten the regrowth? I like a very light, warm blonde (10.0 or 10.3 color is tones I like, I look sick in ashy hair). I don't like my color naturally and I can't make myself light blonde at home - I have been tiring for so many years. I'm afraid that the hairdresser will burn my hair or tear it out (many times hairdressers have torn my hair with agressively brushing).

Last edited:
Good morning,
English is not my mother tongue. I would like to ask if it is possible to keep my blonde hair in good condition - so that hair will no break - by lightening the roots every month at the hairdresser? Can I be light blonde with thin dark blonde/light brown hair naturally?
For several years I have been unsuccessfully trying to become a blonde using 9% and 12% with hi lift blonde dyes. Ashy hi lift blondes colors made my hair gray-green-orange, blue hi lift ones made my hair green-orange, and natural shades made my hair orange (only in hi lift shades, in normal shades there wasn't problem but they were not lightening enough) . I tried 12.0, 12.1, 12.61, 12.89, 12.81.
I am tired of this and it looks like I think about going back to the bleach on low developer. I have a dyed regrowth of 12.81 with 12% it turned out disgustingly, it turns into an ashen-green-orange color. The rest of the hair is bleached by hairdresser (but she was mean so I don't want go back to her) - there is golden very light blonde there, which is the one that I want to have also on the regrowth so I need to fix it in hairdresser.
My natural hair color is 6 or 5 - I am not sure. I feel bad in dark hair.
My hair is breaking a bit because I dyed it many times with hi lift blondes (when I changed the shades I put it all over with lower developer) and they are lightened twice (one time to remove green, second time to make it lighter). Now color on length is ok but the regrowth is disgusting.
My hair is about 60 cm. I don't dry my hair with a dryer - I let it dry naturally, I don't use a straightener or curler, I use alternately Joico and Olaplex 5 conditioner, Joico Revitaluxe mask, Olaplex 0 and 3 once a week.
I would like to know if there is a chance to be a blonde at a hairdresser without breaking hair - if I only fix and lighten the regrowth? I like a very light, warm blonde (10.0 or 10.3 color is tones I like, I look sick in ashy hair). I don't like my color naturally and I can't make myself light blonde at home - I have been tiring for so many years. I'm afraid that the hairdresser will burn my hair or tear it out (many times hairdressers have torn my hair with agressively brushing).
Wow sounds like your hair has been through a lot.
You can definitely have healthy blonde hair, if you find the right hairdresser and the right products.
But if your hair is damaged already, that damage can't really be fixed.
But it can be made to feel nicer by using correct products.

Olaplex No5 will give the best results when used with the No4.

Latest posts

Back