Is it the Star Profile Gel??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellini

Reaction score
Hi All

I purchased the star profile gel and after a couple of applications I wonder if the gel is any good? I know it was a cheap purchase but it really isn't bonding to the nails at all. I've used 2 different uv lamps, cured it to the manufactures instructions, cured it longer, used thicker applications etc but nothing is working...it keeps coming off with the wipe off solution.

Can anyone suggest a better gel? I'm going to the Bham beauty show so will see what's there.

XXX

Hi All

I purchased the star profile gel and after a couple of applications I wonder if the gel is any good? I know it was a cheap purchase but it really isn't bonding to the nails at all. I've used 2 different uv lamps, cured it to the manufactures instructions, cured it longer, used thicker applications etc but nothing is working...it keeps coming off with the wipe off solution.

Can anyone suggest a better gel? I'm going to the Bham beauty show so will see what's there.

XXX

If that is happening, then your lamps are not curing the gel. You can't think that it is normal for this gel to wipe off with a solution? Are you a professional nail technician or just bought the system from Sally's or somewhere similar?

Yes I am a professional!! New to gel nails and as its happened with 2 separate nail lamps that's why I asked - bought them from Ellisons...Not some random place.

Yes I am a professional!! New to gel nails and as its happened with 2 separate nail lamps that's why I asked - bought them from Ellisons...Not some random place.
It depends how many bulbs are required for the system and if they are all working as they should and if they are the recommended lamps for the system in the first place.

I'm just asking you questions to help you with a meaningfully answer. I can't give a meaningful answer if I don't know a bit more ... I wish I was clairvoyant but I'm not! :D

Latest posts

Back