Is it the sun bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathie!

Reaction score
Good evening everyone.

I'm a bit stumped...I have a client who up until now has never had a problem with her l&p enhancements.

The last couple of appointments, including today she has come in and her enhancements are quite dry and brittle and losing their colour a little. She assures me that she is oiling daily.

The only thing that has changed is that I no longer apply UV30 as she doesn't like the colour her nails go when out clubbing so have changed to just Never Yellow Sealer.

She uses sun beds regularly and this is the only thing I can put it down to - ie no UV filter.

Could this be the cause of the change to her enhancements and if so can anyone recommend a UV top coat that doesn't glow in the disco!!!

I use Total Eclipse UV blocking topcoat - available from various suppliers - Designer Nails and possibly some others.

I find it is not nearly as bluey as the other UV blocking topcoats available.

She has a choice - yellowing nails from too much exposure on the sunbed or disco glowing nails LOL - the other option would be to paint her nails

I tell my clients to fold a towel couple times (so the layer of the fabric is thick) and slide their fingertips there. It does help

Thanks Anna and Fiona. I will tell her to cover her nails like you said.

I see that Speedey contains UV filters - does this also offer any protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back