Is it time for a change?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misseden

Reaction score
Having worked in a salon environment for a very long time and being self employed for around 7 years, im getting itchy feet. Im contemplating a move to a counter job, anyone got any experience in this area?

I have done counter work and I did love it, but in all honesty I much prefer being a self-employed therapist now. Hours can be even more unsociable than what we do now and as you're working for someone else you don't have the kind of flexibility you do now. I also earn a lot more as a self-employed mobile therapist than I did as a full time employee with either of the two companies I worked for.
However, if neither aren't an issue for you I'd say go for it! [emoji4] x

I'd rather stab myself with a plastic fork then work shop hours and never get to go outside and lie in the sun with an ice cream cocktail.
#justsaying

I went from working a 9-5 to being self-employed and I honestly think I am unemployable now! Can't imagine having my hours dictated to me now. Why don't you add another string to your bow, train in something new but that has the same flexibiltity? Sorry, I love being self-employed can't imagine going back now :)

Latest posts

Back