Is it time to move on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefanie.b.nails

Reaction score
Hey folks
I been struggling at my new salon job....wondering if it's even the right fit for me....I 1st got licensed for nails in 2012, moved twice, let my license lapse, etc etc
Now I'm re-licensed but feeling really new to salon life (I booth-rented with my cousin in a different state years ago). My Mgr is really nice but I'm feeling a serious lack of support. I really could use more training and networking opportunities- but I'm usually alone at my salon (there's 2 other girls who are nice but clique-y, another who is never around) and I probably just need a friend or mentor to talk about nail stuff with...!

The rest is that we run out of supplies quite a bit, or there's little support for products that we use...? (One senior tech never does acrylics, so acrylic support is nonexistent/ we're using random products hoping they work together....)

Idk what are signs that it's time to look for a new salon? I feel like I need more support than what I'm given at my salon. Everybody's very nice but so standoffish. Plus I get sick of just cleaning up after my (younger) co-workers.
Help! I'm not confident yet to booth rent again alone but something has to change...!

You have to do what is right for you and if you are questioning being there then maybe it is time to move on again. It does not really matter how many times you move as it may take you a while to find the right fit. I hope you work it out.

Latest posts

Back