Is It Too Early To Think About?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcpunter

Reaction score
everyone must think "slow down marc you havnt even started training yet"" once youve read this...

is it too early to even think of my new business names, and doing advertisement plans, business cards, ideas for new salons, shopping for bits and bobs when i go mobile - or do you think i should wait until ive completed my course...i plan to go mobile straight away! so should i be doing all my plans for my business around about now considering my course finishes in November ??

thanks again for any replies :)

xxxx

Can't see any reason why you shouldn't.
It shows commitment and drive and a will to succeed.
Positive action.
When you're ready, you will be completely ready!!
Good Luck.

Hi Marc,

you sound like me, cant wait to get started. I would certainly look into doing a business name, cards and leaflets, you can start to do the planning stages, but wouldn't put anything into print untill you know exactly what you are going to be offering and what you are going to start charging.

Look into what sort of prices are being charged in your area by Salons and other mobile techs, plus look into what they are offewring so you can make sure you at least do what the others are doing plus look into doing something a little extra to them, so you can offer a unique service. All this takes time so you can definately start this now so you have something to keep you occupied till you've done your training, then all i can say is Practise, Paractise, Practise.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It is never to early to concider options, choices and making plans............
This is called setting and aiming for a goal !!!!! Or business people would call it drive and foresight !!!!! I call it go and get em mode !!!!

So go boy go !!!! and good luck !!!!!

Hi Marc!

Welcome to the wonderful world of nails! from this point on you will spend every waking hour (and some non waking hours!) thinking about nails!! you will get ideas at 1am and think 'Hmmmm must try that in the morning', you will buy and try products and think 'Hmmmm waste of money' you will also find products and think 'Hmmm how did I ever live without this!', nail art ideas will 'pop' into your head whilst you are mid conversation and you will be nodding and agreeing with the person talking to you but you will be really thinking 'gems or glitter, which one works best with this design'... I think really we are all geeks! but in the nicest way of course!

J xx

It was a long time before i went "live" that i did all the advertising ideas, name, business cards etc. Why not be prepared - isnt that what you're trained in the boy scouts?? :)

Hi,

I think it's great that your thinking of all these things already it shows how much you really want it i to am mobile and i had all of my leaflets buisness cards etc printed and sitting in a cuboard before i had finished my course then once i felt confident enough i went fo it so good luck to you

jodie

i didnt do boy scout! lol i was quite a naughty little toe rag! but im sorted out now...living with partner of two years, engaged to be married..saving for business and saving for my new house...im driving...:) so all is cool with me....and i love planning...anything even if its just planning my money for the month..planning helps me know what ive got to face and look forward too

xxxxx

are you going to go to excel marc?

you'll get loads of business ideas there. what sort of names have you thought of?

i've seen some of the ideas people have posted, which one do u like hun?

marcpunter said:
everyone must think "slow down marc you havnt even started training yet"" once youve read this...

is it too early to even think of my new business names, and doing advertisement plans, business cards, ideas for new salons, shopping for bits and bobs when i go mobile - or do you think i should wait until ive completed my course...i plan to go mobile straight away! so should i be doing all my plans for my business around about now considering my course finishes in November ??

thanks again for any replies :)

xxxx
This is a great time to start getting "bits and bobs" as the professional beautys shows are on at the moment, they are hugh and you can get all the items you need usually cheeper check out www.professionalbeauty.co.uk for your nearest show and tickets

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't start thinking about business names, advertising etc, as long as you don't take your eye off the ball and concentrate so much on the business side that you forget to focus on the important bit (training)! If you put in as much effort into your training as you have the planning then you will be fine! The most important part is get you trained up, but if you've already thought about the business side before you are trained then you will be ready to rock n' roll as soon as you've qualified!

Its great you are doing all the business side of it now as when you are qualified you will be chomping at the bit to get going.

Its great when you get all your life sorted in all areas, it means you are happy, and raring to go. Go get 'em Marc.

It is some time difficult to plan ahead as bills still have to be paid and the family still have to eat.
cres

Latest posts

Back