Is it true that you are never too old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie74

Reaction score
I decided to take on a new challenge last year so I enrolled onto the L&P course with Cnd, I have hit a few bumps along the way and couldn't attend the final day, I was really disappointed, but hope to arrange to complete the course with my tutor soon.

At 48 I have taken this up much later in life than most girls do, and my question is. Is it true that you are never to old to learn a new skill? I would ideally like to go on to do Shellac eventually but as the courses are so expensive would I just be wasting my time and money, when it could take me such a long time to perfect.

Thankyou

D

Never too old! Good luck to you,if thats what you want todo than go for it!

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

HI Ellie
I'm 46 only started 2 and a bit years ago - I went back to college, did a L2 beauty therapy and L3 Nail Tech - and believe me there was more than one day when I thought .. what am I doing here... but I absolutely love it
I've since gone on to training with major brands and gained major knowledge and enjoyment - but I'm learning all the time
I've hit some bumps along the way to ... Major ones with my treatments - so don't worry - L & P is tricky
- I absolutely love SalonGeek - Sooooooo many fab and talented Beauticians and Techs sharing their knowledge and top tips - I'm in wonder of them all

Don't give up - its not too late - you'll get over the bumps ... best way is to practice practice practice, read up on what ever you can, watch video's and talk to as many tech's as you can, its amazing how a problem your having and you think it is just you, others are finding exactly the same

They say learning something new that you enjoy is the equivalent of winning the lottery - well I haven't won it, so I don't know but its great learning and getting better at something you enjoy - so hang on in there :biggrin:

I opened our now busy salon two and a half years ago and have never looked back. I am now 51 and have re-trained in so many things which I just love. Many of our younger clients ask to book with me...never exactly sure why but they seem to feel less self conscious than they do with my younger staff. We open till 8pm every night and 6 days a week and I bloody LOVE it. Also at this stage my kids are self-sufficient and I can work all the hours I like....which I do!!! Other things can suffer a bit but when I look back on previous jobs etc I consider this to be the best time of my life. You are NEVER too old in my opinion so go for it....you'll master it all in the end!! :biggrin:

Thank you so much for your replies and words of encouragement. It is refreshing to hear that age should not be a barrier to learning new skills as you are clearly proving with your thriving businesses.

For me the two main things for making this work, are determination and practice practice practice, not forgetting of course a passion for what I am doing. So maybe I should try not to worry so much about being that bit older than most students, and as my friend said, even if you are 50 when you qualify you will still be 50!

Ellie

Latest posts

Back