Is it worth doing a threading course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I have had a few client enquire about threading in the last few months and a salon not far from me is offering this treatment so I am thinking bout doing this treatment myself.

Has anyone else done this and found it beneficial? Do you prefer waxing? Does it take a long time to be good at?

If anyone has any recommendations on training around kent/Surrey that would be great.

I do both. I personally prefer waxing, i feel I can get a cleaner more precise finish with it (others find threading more precise) it depends on your personal preference.
I do like threading too though and I get asked for it a lot. Its definitely worth doing. You can charge extra for it.
It does take a while to pick it up. I found once I stopped trying to copy exactly what the teacher was doing and just kind of teach myself I picked it up much quicker. I was concentrating too much on copying exactly what they did and not enough on just letting my fingers move naturally.

It is good to get taught a proper technique. Training not only sets you up for success but it also helps to learn good habits. Many technicians I talk to complain about sore necks, which in my opinion would not be an issue if they were shown correctly in the first place. That's just one example of why training is beneficial .
I do 60/40 threading on average. More and more clients are looking for an alternative to wax on their face, even though a great wax technician should be able to perform a treatment without harming the delicate skin.
That said, I feel that threading is a lot more precise, quicker to achieve the said precision, less material used and the price is same which gives you a higher profit marigin.

For certain client I prefer threading because they are very sensitive. I find there is way less redness and irritation from threading compared waxing - especially with certain clients. I personally find threading more precise and I am able to get all the hairs or compared to waxing. But I think it is a personal preference.
Definitely have to agree with the above post. Training is key! I do quite a bit of threading compared to waxing and I have never had a sore neck or any issues.

Threading is such a skill..........I was rubbish. To be honest though, I paid a lot and travelled far for the training and it was awful.

If you really want to master it then find a master at it and pay them to teach you. I get the same results with waxing but I do love the look of threading.

I did a threading course and was naff at it ....we learnt the technique with the thread in the mouth ....my problem is I talk too much ....and subsequently kept dribbling on my clients lol so I hung up my thread so to speak and continued with waxing lol....I haven't lost any clients by not threading x

I did a threading course and was naff at it ....we learnt the technique with the thread in the mouth ....my problem is I talk too much ....and subsequently kept dribbling on my clients lol so I hung up my thread so to speak and continued with waxing lol....I haven't lost any clients by not threading x
Hilarious! x

I learnt how to do threading but it's one of those things you have to keep practicing I do my regular clients but I don't advertise it because to be honest it's really hard on old clients no matter how much they stretch they still have loose skin and you know where I'm going with this but face threading is easy it's just the brows with your older ladies! Xx

Latest posts

Back