Is it worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma-Louise

Reaction score
So guys; im a mobile spraytanner && in my area theres people charging 10£ for a full body spray! ... They use tantruth solution; my question is; is it worth stocking a few different ranges of solution at different prices? Then clients have a choice thats in the price range and i dont lose clients to these cheap places? ... I havent been going long and am struggling to build a client base "/

Any advice would be much appreciated xxx

As I non-tanning person, I know nothing about it, but I'd rather pay more for a good tan, you would need to advertise your cheap tan As good obviously you couldn't say it was crap lol so people would wonder why they'd spend more money with you. I would stick to a premier good brand than something not as good. I wouldn't compete!

I don't know how it works but with extensions you pay for better quality but can use good quality extensions that only last 3 months for less than extensions that last 6 months which are more expensive. Is that the same principle?

If not, I wouldn't bother being cheap and using less expensive tan which isn't as good just to cater for those who dont want to pay as much unless it is actually good but there is a reason why the more expensive one is actually better!!!

Does any of that make sense?! I hope it does lol!

Just my personal opinion but don't lower yourself to compete. Big brands never compete, good quality never compete! X

Think as yourself as a potential client, would you want to risk a bodge job cheapo tan that you're stuck with until you manage to scrub it all off (including a lovely layer of skin!) or a slightly more expensive but professional tan you can show off? Stick to what you believe in and you will get the right reputation xx

i wouldnt do what everyone else is doing or using. When i first started out people would go crazy for fake bake and st tropez, and now there are so many brands to compete with.

I wasnt a big fan for fake bake, however my clients loved and lothed it.

I use a variety of brands to see what i like, what my clients like, thru being a human guinea pig. Some brands like crazy angel price according to darker dha% so you can easily impelment it into a price list.

Find what your clients like and take it from there. I dont think brand quality of spending more you get more in terms of spraytan solution. Realistically most people want as many as they can from 1litre bottle. Its all about the guide colour and fade off, and how long it lasts. Some expensive brands are vile and some brands have orange undertones, its all trial and error. So get yourself some samples and take it from there! xoxo

Alot if people have no idea about brands either though. Bar fake bake and st tropez.

I wouldn't offer different brands just different depths. As a non-tanning professional I wouldn't mind so much about brand as long as I got good recommendations about the tan used and the sprayer. Hth.

I do a deal in a Friday where tanning is £10, I work late on a Friday and the whole day I'm out the door with tanning! I use crazy angel and it's cheaper than fake bake etc my clients love it. A lot of them come in the Friday to get their tam for the weekend for going out. I make a profit at the end of the day, I have happy clients who keep coming back week after week.
I have asked them about fake bake or more expensive tans but they say they are happy with what they get.
Deffo look into different brands of tan. I wouldn't use a cheap tan if I knew my Clients would look a mess.

I find people either want "brands" they know, or a cheap deal.

I only use well known products, and my clients want me because I use these brands, they like to know what they are getting-as they have tried and tested them before.

Personally, I wouldn't have a tan truth/lesser known spray tan cz I haven't used it or seen the results/fade off, and its not something I want to risk if I am going out (as clients usually are) I know where I stand with my tans, and I am not the cheapest tan in my area but I am busy-the brand brings them to me, and I keep them as I am good at what I do!

If you want to test tans, then sample as many as possible. Or (what I do) stick to what I know.

Xx

i charge £10 for full body spray tan in my salon, i use LA Tan all my clients love it and i have built up a good weekly/fortnightly spray tanning client base

I charge 20 for a full body n have a big client base even though there are people doing it for 5 in my area, clients come to me because they know try will get a perfect tan and go home with the colour they want, I won't scrimp and scrape on tan, I make sure they are happy and they all come back.

Wow £5 a tan is really cheap!! What in earth go they use. Surely they can't make much profit on that. X

Latest posts

Back