Is it worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambz94

Reaction score
nail course £ two hundred pounds 4 weeks training , nail kit included , certified certificate after acrylic nails

Honest answer no, this is far far to cheap for a four week course including a kit. The quality of the products would be the lowest for that price. sorry x

this does sound cheap with a kit...what company is it with?? shop around hun and find a really good course, you will pay more but it will be worth it in the end!

this does sound cheap with a kit...what company is it with?? shop around hun and find a really good course, you will pay more but it will be worth it in the end!
thanks alot. i dont no who its with its thru a salon, the manager is getting this trainer in :s xx

Is that the full cost of the training or is the manager also contributing to the price?

Is that the full cost of the training or is the manager also contributing to the price?
im not sure, its only a starter kit x

i dont mean to be rude but how can anyone advise you wether its worth it or not if you dont even know what youre getting.

IMO it seems very cheap and as the saying goes buy cheap buy twice...you may not find it adequte and have to shell out more on extra training

i dont mean to be rude but how can anyone advise you wether its worth it or not if you dont even know what youre getting.

IMO it seems very cheap and as the saying goes buy cheap buy twice...you may not find it adequte and have to shell out more on extra training
i dont no much yet im going over salon to see about it tomorrow and put deposit down once i know enough, im just generally asking advice(as i thought this site was for help not critisim) she send me an inbox saying "Acrylic Nail training starting this Wednesday (4 week course) only £200 (includes Nail Kit to do 10 sets of nails) if you charge £10 per set you can make back nearly half your money if you know anyone who wants to go on it please get in touch asap need 50% deposit at time of booking then £50 1st week then £50 2nd week" < thats all i no

Hiya, I would recommend that you shop around and have a look at some of the brands you can do your acrylic training, perhaps do a search on here to get opinions on brands - quality of products and training. Also find out more about the training being offered and the products being used on this course and then do a search for opinions of them on here. Do your research before you invest, this is a big decision so don't rush it.

I say this is as I did a generic gel and acrylic course at a local beauty school and the products we trained with were widely available, cheap and really not very good! Ok to practice with, but I wouldn't have used them on paying clients. It's a false economy, as the chances are you'll probably end up doing a conversion course with a brand anyway. I say this as I ended up doing a conversion with Bio Sculpture so I could continue with Gel and since then have never looked back, best thing I did. In hindsight I could've just gone straight to Bio and saved myself time, money and the numerous issues I had with the cheap end products! As for acrylic, I never continued with it as the training wasn't really sufficient and I found gel to be more popular in my locality, however I've been thinking of doing an acrylic conversion course too now and when I make that decision, I'll be heading straight to CND!

Also, be mindful that once you've done your training, it doesn't qualify you to use any brand of product, most of the high end quality acrylic and gel products require you to then do a conversion course with them before you can use their products.

Hope this helps you decide :o xx

Just another salon trying to hoodwink you into a course to line their own pockets ... Course not recognised, kit cobbled together of cheap products and most likely an unqualified teacher/trainer. You might get 4 days out of those 4 weeks ... Such a joke.

My advice .. Do not get drawn in! You will regret it. You will not get trained, you will get cheap products and you may not be able to get insured to even do nails. Use you head and think about it.

Is it worth it? You asked the question. The answer is, no!

Questions to ask,

Is the course accredited?

Does it cover all anatomy & physiology?

Will my qualification be insurable?

Can you see all the necessary documentation?

Is the trainer qualified to teach?

Are the brands used recognisable?

Can they tell you where the kit comes from?

If the answer to any of these is no then walk away!

To be honest though if you are needing to ask if it's worth it, you know the answer already!
If something looks to good to be true then it normally is!

Hth xx

Latest posts

Back