Is July a slow month!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Is it me or is July a slow month for nails!!!!! :rolleyes:

I've just had another :mad: customer leave a message on my answer phone to cancel their appointment. I'm currently mobile with about 10 regulars which just fitted in nicely with the children and over the last three weeks have gone down to 2!!!!!! :o Either everyone is finding the summer holidays to expensive or I'm cr*p :sad:

Everytime I feel I'm getting there, something kicks me down again. I was just wondering, do you find certain months busier that others?

Kind Regards
Louise

plaoh said:
Is it me or is July a slow month for nails!!!!! :rolleyes:

I've just had another :mad: customer leave a message on my answer phone to cancel their appointment. I'm currently mobile with about 10 regulars which just fitted in nicely with the children and over the last three weeks have gone down to 2!!!!!! :o Either everyone is finding the summer holidays to expensive or I'm cr*p :sad:

Everytime I feel I'm getting there, something kicks me down again. I was just wondering, do you find certain months busier that others?

Kind Regards
Louise
Hi Louise: i think logically now that the children are on summer holiday, the mothers will be more tied up with them and will have less time for themselves.

I dont think you should start thinking its coz you're crap: if that were the case they wouldnt have become regulars in the first place; it would have been one visit and never to be seen again ;)

I am allways quieter during the summer
as carole said its because the kiddies are off school and mums dont find the time to have their nails done as often.
you wait till september when the little loves are all back to school, you should be quite busy.
it will be mums time to be pampered again.
if we all havent had nervous breakdowns in the process.

the summer hols are very erratic, either you're busy coz people are going on hols and they want nice nails, or you're deaed quiet coz they've gone on hols. September is a good one as the kids are back at school and we all have more ME time! Client bases do go up and down by the way so don't panic - just as you think you've got a nice healthy client base they decide to give up coz they can't afford it, or want to go back to their naturals etc - just keep advertising to get new ones.

Thank you Carole, Joanne and Sarah,

Having posted my frustrations in the morning I received a text from another regular who wanted a repair for the evening. I fitted her in (at short notice) only to receive a text message 15 MINS LATE saying she couldn't make it. :mad: I was going to text back to say "ok" like I normally do, but then decided not to because it isn't ok :rolleyes: . I don't text my hairdresser, dentist, children's school when I can't make it.

Anyway I have decided to use this quiet time constructively. Spent three hours on the computer yesterday re-doing my brochure. I'm not brilliant with the pc :lol: so was really chuffed that I've added pictures and coloured blocks and lines ( sad I know) ;) but it looks better than those of the local salons round here. I have clearly stated every service and it's price, also in bold have added my cancellation policy on both the brochure and client record card, and clearly stated how many repairs are included in the price!! NO MORE FREEBIES If I don't get tough I'll never make a living.

Will start advertising again at the end of August but in the meantime will get the old nail trainer back out to brush up of my times.

Just need to rant on here, feeling much better now, especially as hubby's been away at Brands Hatch and I know after 11 years things are suppose to 'go off', but I've missed him like mad. :o

you will be fine hun, its a pain aint it when people cancel you get all disheartened, but no doubt you will be run off your feet again soon , love dee

Hi,

I thought it was just me too, being a bit slow in July. Only officially opened in May but May and June were not bad but July was crap.

Off to a good start in August though. Three appointments already this week so I'll be quids in this month - yipee!

:biggrin:

I found July a tad on the quiet side too but this week is gonna be just fab ! I've got a wedding party of seven to do on Friday who ALL want extensions and ALL want some nail art !! I'll certainly deserve my glass of vino by the time Friday evening arrives. Plus I've got about 8 other bookings in the salon Thursday and Saturday.
YIPPEE !!!

Debsidoo99 said:
I found July a tad on the quiet side too but this week is gonna be just fab ! I've got a wedding party of seven to do on Friday who ALL want extensions and ALL want some nail art !! I'll certainly deserve my glass of vino by the time Friday evening arrives. Plus I've got about 8 other bookings in the salon Thursday and Saturday.
YIPPEE !!!
Wow, you must be a lot quicker than me coz i'd never manage to get through 7 full sets and nail art in a day - more like a couple of days, lol.

Debsidoo99 said:
YIPPEE !!!

Nice one Debs...

Wish I could say the same, it never ceases to amaze me how little my phone rings..

so hopefully YP will solve this

Fab Freak said:
Nice one Debs...

Wish I could say the same, it never ceases to amaze me how little my phone rings..

so hopefully YP will solve this

Louise, did you place on ad on line or did you phone YP?

plaoh said:
Louise, did you place on ad on line or did you phone YP?

I called them hun and a rep got back to me you can call their customer service number on 0800 555444

Latest posts

Back