Is lash primer necessary? how do you prep your lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suwiexx

Reaction score
I’ve trained with marvel lash (who I don’t think are very good) but would love to know other lash techs are using a primer and if so which one? I have been watching many you tube videos of lash extensions trying to gain knowledge and when ever they are prepping the lash they seem so separate really easily and stay there but when I do it I spend ages trying to separate lashes because there either cris crossed or growing in different directions. How you prep your lashes?

As far as I am aware not all systems use a primer. I use flirties and their system recommends one, so I prime the lashes using microbrushes and then comb the lashes to seperate hth :hug:

I think whatever system you're using it's imperative to use a primer. A primer removes traces of oils from moisturisers etc & remnants of old mascara, it's ensures the lashes are clean and ready for donor lash adhesion.
I've used Flirties primer & one from lashbase both do a great job! :)
Once I've primed I brush the lashes and start applying.
Keep practicing with your separation technique it does take time, eventually something will just 'click' and there will be no stopping you! I found it really helped to have some fine pointed tweezers :)

Both comments above are correct - a primer is imperative to a good bond as it helps to dehydrate the lash - giving a longer bond time. You will notice you can get a bond without a primer but it won't last as long - I'd say an extra 2 weeks with a good primer. You can also get protein remover pads - just another product you could look at. Even wen I use the protein remover pads i still use the primer just to be super sure I have a great bond.

Hi there, I trained with ilash designer and they trained using a primer. I would apply with micro brushes then comb to separate, but I do understand what you mean. They loose that flexibility!
However I forgot to apply the primer on a set of lashes one day and I was in a panic thinking she'd have no lashes the day after! She came back 2 weeks later for an infill with only a few missing, in that experience I'd say the primer made no difference at all :)

thanks ladies. I am using proten remover pads but think i should give lash primer a go, so would love some recomendations

She came back 2 weeks later for an infill with only a few missing, in that experience I'd say the primer made no difference at all :)

I actually agree with this. I do not always use primer and my clients get no less wear out of them when I do not apply primer. Just because a system says you must, does not mean you have to.
Slightly different scenario, but CND has a primer in its system, but you dont NEED to use it.
If the lashes are very clogged with mascara or show signs of oil, then yes use the primer, but I do not think its imperative.

Latest posts

Back