Is Minx REALLY that expensive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a ridiculous thing to say!!! It has nothing to do with us not being confident or not knowing how to sell it. In the UK we have always had a much more classy, subtle approach to nails. Such flashy nails are not as popular here and never have been, so most people prefer to wear something like that on their feet where it is more subtle. Just like nail art is not as popular here, it doesn't mean that we can't do it!

:D Well I think the responses to this post says it all! (thank you girls)

'Us'? Who is 'us'? If you read a vast number of threads/posts on here you will see that so many Minx users are not confident in Minx on fingers and tend to stay with offering just toes.

In the the UK, where I belong, there is a very wide diversity of tastes. Generalising, as you have, has been described as 'offensive' and definitely falls into the category in which you have classed my comments.

I have designed a line for Minx and, if you were to look at them, you will see that some of them should appeal to a more 'conservative' market (I won't use your descriptions as they are not appropriate).

My point, following the original thread, is that Minx can and does work well on fingernails and, if you do both the sheet works well. If you only do toes then careful handling is needed to make the best use of a sheet.

I have no problem at all that many technicians only offer Minx for toes. I am also making the point that good training and practice will make them work on fingers if client expectations are achieved and there are no disappointments, i.e correct sales.

Ooo Mum you did the MN Key design! Love it! It's my favourite design!
Will have to try out some of these ideas, some really good ones. Especially like the big toe nail art one. May try the Minx fingers but I'll have to experiment on my guinea pigs (mother in law/sister in law) before I start selling it.

Is Minx really that difficult to apply to fingers? I may sound a little dim here but what is the difference please? I am wanting to start offering Minx shortly so would like to know

Is Minx really that difficult to apply to fingers? I may sound a little dim here but what is the difference please? I am wanting to start offering Minx shortly so would like to know

It's not that it's difficult to apply it's that it doesn't last as long and is much more prone to client interference. Basically they fiddle with the free edge and then peel it...

I only offer Minx on toes because I don't want clients complaining that their fingers haven't lasted and it's too expensive. I won't discount Minx and my toe clients are all thrilled with it. My choice.

Hth's

Thank you, that does help :)

You need a "heat" lamp for minx not a UV lamp, I tend to stick to the "busy" patterns rather than the single pictures son that you can use the offcuts to keep costs down. If you have done cnd training they are happy to sell you minx with a step by step instruction sheet. I use shellac top & base on fingers only, and only do so to protect the minx so it lasts longer. Not needed in e toes.

07-08-11, 12:21 PM
Hey peeps.
Been getting to grips with Minx and I'm loving it, done two sets so far, Why does everyone say they are so expensive?

Hi Can I ask do you need a seperate lamp or training course to do minx? I do shellac at the moment so have the cnd lamp etc or is it just a case of buying the sheets of minx? can you use the shellac base/top coats?

I have no clue about minx but just wondered if it was another thing I could add relatively cheaply to my list of treatments?

Lisa

Why don't you all set up a group (or whatever it is you need to do) and if you are doing more fingers and not so much toes, swap with others who do lots of toes and not fingers? Problem solved.....for now :D

Hey peeps.
Been getting to grips with Minx and I'm loving it, done two sets so far, and on a set of feet I used two small 'toes' and one big 'toe' to do a whole set of feet! Well maybe I'm being naive but that application must only have cost me about a quid. Why does everyone say they are so expensive? Am I missing something? The only gripe I had was there was only two large 'toes' on the sheet which will be pretty restricting unless my next client has teensie tootsies.
Hello there,
I'm thinking about doing the Minx course, as well as the Shellac course an an add on to my tanning services.
I want to know, roughly how much profit I'll make per set as to whether I train with Minx or look at another service.
Did you say that one set costs you £1? and is that the Minx brand of foils or do you buy elsewhere?
Your help is appreciated, thanks.
Gem. Xxx.

Your mileage will vary depending on if you are doing fingers, toes and/or the size of said fingers/toes. To figure out your cost per service and to be able to accurately compare against knock off brands, read False Profits | samuelsweet first :)

HTHs

I too would like to see at least another large size.

I now don't really advertise it for fingers but will arrange it if a client wanted it but they are told it won't last anything like what it does on their toes and why.

I have just started doing minx and only done about 4 sets, loving it :D

So far all my applications have been of different designs so i am not sure how many i would get out of a sheet but I was told at my training you should be able to get 2 toes and 1 fingers from each pack.

I had also been asked about doing Kids minx and there toes would be much smaller so would use up some of the smaller sizes

Latest posts

Back