Is My Brisa Lamp Broken?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartypantz

Reaction score
Hi there, I have had my Brisa Lamp for about 6 months. I have not used it very much. However when I whipped it out last night to try out my Shellac, it worked on one hand, then it would not come on again. The bulbs appeared to flash but stayed off. Eventually it came back on again and when I put it on for a 2 min cure it only stayed on for about 30 seconds, then when I went to do my thumbs the same thing happened. The light on the back is still showing green, so I am confused, has this happened to anybody else before, or could it be that when it was in my suitcase it has got damaged, or could it be the bulbs. The other issue it raises is, is my Shellac fully cured, or Should I remove it to be on the safe side? Thanks a lot for your help all advice is appreciated:D

Caroline

Can I ask... did you wrap the wire around the lamp when you weren't using it?

If so, maybe the cord was damaged or there could be a loose wire??

Can I ask... did you wrap the wire around the lamp when you weren't using it?

If so, maybe the cord was damaged or there could be a loose wire??

Tbh that was my first thought, but as my brother pointed out, there would be no power going to the lamp, and there is, as the green light remains on, it is almost as if the starter motor (if there is one) is not working:confused:

Are your bulbs clicked firmly in?

Are your bulbs clicked firmly in?

Tried that as well, even removed them and put them back. Does anybody think that I should remove my Shellac, just to be on the safe side?:?:

Hi there

I wouldn't stress to much about removing the Shellac, however I would not perform this on a paying client as they have unlikely cured fully..

For your lamp I would suggest removing the bulbs, reinstalling them (with it unplugged of course) And then replug and see if it comes right. If not I would contact your local distributor regarding repair/service. These are a sensative electronic item and can easily be damaged.

One thing I hear all too often is lamps travelled/stored with their bulbs still in ...
ALWAYS remove your bulbs when travelling/storing as this will help protect the sensative electronics.

hth's

Latest posts

Back