Is my brush contaminated ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunarstorm

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm after a bit of advice as I'm not sure if my CND brush is contaminated or not. I've been very careful to make sure it is properly cleaned out in fresh momomer and stored flat in a mental case. I've only had it since the end of Febuary 2011 bit I know as I'm new I might ruine brushes. I was not told about only using one brush with one momomer by my CND EA, so it was used with Rentension + and Radical a few times until I saw on here that it was a bad thing, since then it has only been used with Radical. When I asked my CND EA about using a serprate brush per momomer, she told me that she does'nt and she uses the same brush for all momomers.

The brush is working fine and I've had no problems with yellowing product. However I have noticed that when I wipe the brush on a pad although it is not yellow when I wipe it, when I tidy up at the end of the serivce, there is yellow marks on the pad.

I'm not sure if the brush is contaminated or if dust from finishing the set is getting into the monomer of the pad and turing it yellow?? As when I wipe the brush, everything looks fine and it looks fine while I'm working. It's only yellowed after it has been left to one side while I finish off the nails (and being new, that tales a while lol)

Sam xx

sam

what are your nails like a few days after? are they yellowing?

tigi

ps

I had to laugh at the fact you store your brush in " a mental case ". sorry. I am very childish ... lol

lol I didn't relise I had spelt metal wrong lol I'm dyslexic.

The nails are fine, no discolouring or anything going wrong with them.

Another geek spoke to me and thinks the brush is fine.

I am too, its a pain isnt it?

am glad that someone has been able to assist you.

tigi

Latest posts

Back