Is my hair suitable for lowlighting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I am bored to tears with my shoulder length dark brown hair at the moment.

Have been thinking about having some chunky copperish lights in it BUT . . .

I've used Garnier Nutrisse a couple of times over the last six months in a colour almost the same as mine, it just adds a bit of depth and so much shine.

Is this going to give me problems at the hairdressers when they try to lighten it up a few shades?

Personally speaking I would say probabley not. Professionally...the only product that I have came across that gave me horrors in coloring and perming is Pantene. Now having said that, Tell your stylist what you use on your hair, if she /he is in doubts and concerns, he /she should perform a strand test to give a doubt its due.

Personally speaking I would say probabley not. Professionally...the only product that I have came across that gave me horrors in coloring and perming is Pantene. Now having said that, Tell your stylist what you use on your hair, if she /he is in doubts and concerns, he /she should perform a strand test to give a doubt its due.

Yes, I will do this. Thanks for your advice. x

I agree with JD's. I just want to add;

Scruples Blazing is a great product for this type of Highlighting.:biggrin:

Color doesn't lift color...so in your case blossom, with colored hair, a one step color wouldn't really work. It would have to be lightened (w/bleach) and then the red would need to be put over the top.

With scruples Blazing you can do it in one step... the condition of your hair stay's great and the red color will stay in better.

There may be other colors out there that will do this, the others may know. Good luck, come back and give us an update.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back