is my pricing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, been on my Princes Trust biz course again today and they reckon my prices are too low.
Can you tell me what you think? I spent ages getting my prices sorted but ive now had an accountant and two biz advisors saying they are too low!...

My prices are:

£9.50 file and polish
£11.00 mini manicure (inc. moisturising of the hands, cuticles eased back, file
& polish
£15.50 Full manicure - inc. above with hand scrub, hand and arm massage,
full cuticle work, buffing of the nails etc
£20.50 - luxury manicure - same as full but with p.wax, thermal mitts or
warm oil
£15.00 - mini ped - moisturising of the feet + file and polish
£17.00 - full pedicure - foot soak, exfoliation + hard skin removal, massage and file and polish
£22.00 luxury ped - all of above with p.wax or thrermal booties

childrens manicure party £7.00 per head (4-6 kids) birthday girl free
Pamper eve's - £10.00 per head for mini manicure, £14.00 per head for mini ped.

I live in Poole, Dorset and cover the Poole area. Ive rang round mobiles and salons and these prices seemed to be about average, i havent gone too low - there is someone charging £5 for a manicure which seems ridiculous!

But please, honest opinions really are needed!!!!

many thanks

emily

Ok,I would charge £16.50 for manicure,full pedi £22.00,£30.00 lux pedi.Everything else I would say is about right.

As for the £5.00 manicure,well I wouldn't even give that a 2nd thought tbh,it is ridiculous and way too low.HTH

Well i think they are all a bit low myself:eek:

But then you mustnt undercut yourself...you are in a fairly affluent are aswell?

I would charge alot more for your luxury treatments....if you are using a professional range its the cost and the quality of the products,combined with your time and service provided.:)

hiya, i use salon system and OPI polishes (inc. base & top coats, nail treatments)....

I was looking at the Skin truth range instead of salon system - has anyone used it and is it any good?

Two years ago I went with the princes trust, they also told me my prices were to low.
Also take into consideration what your overheads are. Are you going to be mobile or salon based?

hiya, i use salon system and OPI polishes (inc. base & top coats, nail treatments)....

I was looking at the Skin truth range instead of salon system - has anyone used it and is it any good?

I have used Skin Truth and Salon Systems for pedi's and imo Salon Systems is definitely nicer. Skin Truth is 'ok' but a little bit too 'happy shopper'

Jmho :)

I've just gone through the Prince's Trust aswell, I was originally going to go mobile but I'm now renting rooms at a local hairdresser's. They also told me my prices were too low. Since moving to premises I put my prices up. I just worked out a price by taking the price of products, time etc and worked it out hourly. I don't officially open until 1st December so I don't know how it's going to go yet. I'm using Skintruth mani/pedi products aswell. They are fine, I used them at college so I'm used to them and didn't have any problems. If it would interest my clients I would change to another better known brand, but I would put my prices up if I was using more expensive products. My prices are
file and polish £6 (15mins)
file and fench polish £8 (20mins)
express mani/ pedi £12 (30mins)
hot oil mani/ pedi £17 (40mins)
luxury mani/pedi £23 (60mins)

I have used Skin Truth and Salon Systems for pedi's and imo Salon Systems is definitely nicer. Skin Truth is 'ok' but a little bit too 'happy shopper'

Jmho :)
I love SkinTruth- It smells delish!!!!

i trained with skin truth at college when i was in level 2 then changed to demalogica! i think skin truth is a bit cheep & cheerful & prefered dermalogia by far but now im using environ which is FAB! x

hiya, thanks sooooo much for all your replies! Ive played about with my prices a little and have changed the following:

Full manicure - £16.50
Luxury manicure £21.00

Full ped - £19.50
Luxury ped - £25.00

does that seem any better? Im stuck with nail art too, i have had it set as from £1.00 per nail or £9.50 a set, do you think i should go lower than this though or for example; a few flicks of one colour 50p per nail, extra for more colours, gems etc, or leave it at starting from £1.00?

These look like healthier prices. In regards to nail art. Me personally I charge £1.00 per nail for simple designs and £2.00 per nail for a complex design (these are my prices for enhancements with art)
For mani and pedi art I charge £10.00 file polish & simple art (I call it file polish and crystals) Then if they add nail art to a mani or pedi I charge £5.00 extra.
Think how long it will take for your nail art, and charge accordingly.

These prices reflect on the level of service you can provide.:)

Well done,and have confidence in yourself.....so lets see a happy face onyour profile:green:

hiya, thanks sooooo much for all your replies! Ive played about with my prices a little and have changed the following:

Full manicure - £16.50
Luxury manicure £21.00

Full ped - £19.50
Luxury ped - £25.00

does that seem any better? Im stuck with nail art too, i have had it set as from £1.00 per nail or £9.50 a set, do you think i should go lower than this though or for example; a few flicks of one colour 50p per nail, extra for more colours, gems etc, or leave it at starting from £1.00?

those prices look better hun, don't undervalue yourself, i know its quite scary setting your prices but people are happy to pay for good quality treatments and buy into the person as well, if you're always friendly and professional people will keep coming back, i display various nail art, my prices go from 50p for a rhinestone and up for more intricate designs, if you can display some its a talking point and you can customise your designs to suit the client xx:)

hi, thanks for all your replies, i feel loads better about the prices now! Ive got nail art tips on my beauty case so clients can see them when im getting my stuff out, ive also got some of those wheels with tips on them which im starting to sort out now so i can group the designs together based on the prices...

Latest posts

Back