Is my Retention+ contaminated?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berryharris8

Reaction score
Hi I am trained in NSI but do not get on that well with the l&p at the moment. I had been given some products from a friend who decided not to carry on doing nails. These were in a box along with some Creative l&p.

My NSI monomer ran out so I thought I would try the Creative products. However, although I found it lovely to work with, it did seem to make the nails look blue. Is this normal or do you think that the liquid could be contaminated?:irked:

The monomer is a purple colour,
it sounds like you were working way too wet if they looked blue when applying, also you need to place the product onto the nail and leave it for 3 secs before moving it around hth
NSI works a lot wetter than Creative

Thanks I will give that a try as I really was ready to throw the Retention liquid away.:irked:
NSI train to dip the brush fully into the monomer and then wipe the brush against the side of the dappen dish, so for a medium bead half of the brush would be wiped and for a small bead the whole brush. I tried to do a small bead with the Retention using this method and still it had a bluey tinge. I think I must be picking up too much liquid...I will let you know how I get on. In the meantime I think I will have to buy some NSI products quick as I do not want my clients to have blue nails:lol:

You shouldnt have a bluish tinge, if its too wet it will marble, and look swirly. perhaps there is something wrong with your Retention?

Do a search hun,i just did a quick one and all the threads i looked at confirmed my suspicions of mix ratio hth's x

Hi... thanks for replies. I have tried everything but to no avail, I am beginning to think that it is definitely the retention fluid that is contaminated in some way, what a waste it was nearly a full bottle and I really wanted to try cnd products and I know how difficult it is to buy it without doing conversion.:irked:

Maybe it is old (it does have a shelf life) or maybe it has been stored incorrectly,
if you book a conversion course with creative (not expensive and well worth the money) when completed you will be able to buy the products with no probs hun

Yes I will look into conversion course for cnd... I live in Essex is there a course near me that anyone knows about?

I did the NSI course as mentioned and this took two years to complete. I have all my certificates through now but need the practice which I try to do on a regular basis . but I always seem to come across a new problem :irked: which this site always comes to the rescue. I have recently bought a copy of Nailclass and find it has improved my technique and given me the confidence I need :). Thanks everyone!

Gosh that was a long course with NSI. How come to took two years to complete?

Yes I will look into conversion course for cnd... I live in Essex is there a course near me that anyone knows about?

I did the NSI course as mentioned and this took two years to complete. I have all my certificates through now but need the practice which I try to do on a regular basis . but I always seem to come across a new problem :irked: which this site always comes to the rescue. I have recently bought a copy of Nailclass and find it has improved my technique and given me the confidence I need :). Thanks everyone!
If you phone 0845 2106060 this is the head office, they will tell you where your nearest course will be held hth

Not only could it be your mix ratio but you should also be using a brush that hasnt been used with your NSI product,

I will try one more time and see how I get on using less liquid. (I have also tried using new brushes!). I have to just say I love the idea of the popits I have just been reading about them. I really do enjoy doing nails there is always something new and exciting to learn.

Hi ..... :lol: yes it does seem a long time.... two years :!: However this is because I did the course at college which consisted of first doing VTCT Man/Ped including Health and Safety, then Nail Technology (acrylic and fibreglass) and finally C&G in gel nails which included a written exam. I received five certificates altogether which I have now finally received and can't believe that I passed them. As there were breaks in between thewscourses that is why it took so long.

Sounds like the liqUid is old and has evaporated and condensed so THerefore the blue colour.

It is not giving the cnd product a fair try when you buy like this. Why not just order a 'Try Me' kit from S2 (08452106060)which they will sell without CND training to give you a taster of what the product is like ... AND IT WONT BE OLD AND USED!

Latest posts

Back