Is my technique outdated?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstie1980

Reaction score
Ive seen a lot of talk about Perron Rigot. From what ive read its the best wax product out there. Ive never heard of it :oops: Is it available worldwide? I also have read about a pre wax oil, never heard of that either. I use a pre wax lotion which is pretty much just alcohol, to cleanse the skin then i apply powder and then the wax. The only oil ive ever seen is an after wax oil. I also noticed when watching some clips on youtube that the application of the hot wax is applied in the direction of growth and removed against the direction of growth. Ive always applied my hot wax against hair growth then with hair growth then against again so each strip is 3 layers thick. Is the technique ive seen only meant for the perron rigot wax or is it used for all waxes? I feel like such a fool asking these questions :confused:

Ive seen a lot of talk about Perron Rigot. From what ive read its the best wax product out there. Ive never heard of it :oops: Is it available worldwide? I also have read about a pre wax oil, never heard of that either. I use a pre wax lotion which is pretty much just alcohol, to cleanse the skin then i apply powder and then the wax. The only oil ive ever seen is an after wax oil. I also noticed when watching some clips on youtube that the application of the hot wax is applied in the direction of growth and removed against the direction of growth. Ive always applied my hot wax against hair growth then with hair growth then against again so each strip is 3 layers thick. Is the technique ive seen only meant for the perron rigot wax or is it used for all waxes? I feel like such a fool asking these questions :confused:

Hi Kirstie

Yes Perron Rigot is a available worldwide and on their website they have their distributors listed. http://www.perron-rigot.com/en/cmspages/worldwide-distributors.6.html

The Jasmine oil used both before and after the waxing is lovely and much easier to use than powder especially for intimate waxing treatments.

Most of the new generation of hot waxes are applied in the direction of growth and removed against and most applied in thin layers making them easier and more economical.

Hope that helps

Whilst Perron Rigot is a brilliant wax, and the one I always buy I don't think any of the hot waxes available today are applied the old way anymore. They all can be used with oil underneath and applied with hair growth and removed against. I also use oil under strip wax too as it makes the procedure more comfortable for the clients and gentler on the skin. You only need a tiny tiny amount though, so once applied it's a good idea to then blot with a tissue to remove excess until you get used to how much you need. It doesn't have to be Jasmine oil either, I use a pre wax oil from clean+easy. Try it and you won't go back to using powder :)

Thank you so much, looks like i need to update my skills....

Thank you so much, looks like i need to update my skills....
You'll find the new generation waxes so much easier to work with!
Good luck :)

I have not been qualified long, so I am assuming my waxing techniques will be up to date. I use an oil for hot wax and a lotion for warm and cream for after both. I apply hot wax in a figure of eight and remove against the hair growth. For warm I apply with the hair growth and remove against growth. I don't know weather that helps, hope it does [emoji4]

Figure of eight application is quite 'old' and not necessary with the new waxes. I think it's still taught at college but in many ways the vtct teaching on all subjects are quite dated.

I have not been qualified long, so I am assuming my waxing techniques will be up to date. I use an oil for hot wax and a lotion for warm and cream for after both. I apply hot wax in a figure of eight and remove against the hair growth. For warm I apply with the hair growth and remove against growth. I don't know weather that helps, hope it does [emoji4]
Thank you. The figure 8 method is fairly dated. I only use this method on underarms. Thanks though

Oh is it not, thanks ladies I have to admit I have found i I have not been using it as much as I have been going along, because I was still getting a good removal and it is time consuming. But I did think I was being lazy and would one day get caught out end up with a poor wax and an unhappy client. So hearing it is dated and not needed makes me feel loads better thank you ladies :) ps I did train In college I did an NVQ level 2 and the products they provided where awful!!! Most student opted to take there own in. Thanks again

I'm honestly not sure why some colleges still teach that. I did my NVQ2 8 years ago and even then our tutor told us that was outdated. So long as you're using a quality wax and getting good results you've got nothing to worry about. As Jack Dunn said it's actually a very wasteful method too.

I think it's the term 'hot wax' that is misleading. I think they still teach figure of 8 hot wax application in colleges. I try and use the term 'non strip wax' for the ones I use now. It differentiates them from the traditional hot waxes that you used to strain (nice) and is a better description as they are cooler than strip waxes.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back