Is Nail Salon business seasonal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussycatbeech

Reaction score
Hi,

Would love your input!! I am thinking of opening a salon and I want to check how seasonal the business is if we are just doing nails? Is the bulk of the business during the summer months or is it fairly level? We were thinking of launching mid September but I dont know if that is the wrong time to do it. Would really value your thoughts

Thanks so much
x

It all depends on what services you're going to be offering tbh.

Nail enhancements I would say aren't seasonal, people get addicted to having these done :) and they will be your bread and butter year round.

Obviously around Christmas you tend to get more people in whether for one off enhancement service or natural nails. And if you're also going to offer pedicures then spring and summer is a busy time for that.

Last edited:
I expected things to go quiet through the Winter with ladies wanting their toes done, but that hasnt been the case.

Loads of my ladies go to Jumba & Yoga classes etc and consequently need there toes on show, so they have kept up having their toes done too !! Bonus for me ;)

Also I cant say that I was quiet through January or February either. Delayed Xmas parties ?? Obviously Xmas season ran rght through November. - and October was Halloween (so out came the art to go with that season too)...
Mothers Day rolled in, so did Easter and now we just need the Summer Sun, but with others going away on holiday the wheels are already in motion... So Opening up in September I don't actually think will have much of an impact. In fact it would be a very good time as you will benefit from the Xmas run up having got yourself settled in the early weeks :)

I wouldnt say it was seasonal as such, i work 4 days per week and i have my regular clients that come every 2/3 weeks and thats enough to keep my little business ticking over nicely, however i have noticed that bank holiday weekends, easter and christmas i have to work an extra day or 2 to fit in the extra clients that just want their nails done for these special occasions. I also do a lot more feet in the summer on clients that just want their toes looking nice for summer, however my regular ladies who have their toes done keep them looking nice all year round.

A definite no (i'm talking acrylics here, only been doing Shellac since Jan)

My clients come year round. When it comes to Christmas week, yes, I'm booked up . . . but usually with all my regulars wanting to come the same week lol . . . I make sure I book all my regular clients in before I'll accept bookings for one-offs

OK, yes there are a few extras to be had at Christmas but that's it really. People do have sets done for holiday of course but this I find can be at any time of the year, not just summer.

And has been said already, ladies like their glam toes year round too.

hth

Hi,

Would love your input!! I am thinking of opening a salon and I want to check how seasonal the business is if we are just doing nails? Is the bulk of the business during the summer months or is it fairly level? We were thinking of launching mid September but I dont know if that is the wrong time to do it. Would really value your thoughts

Thanks so much
x
Nope !
and definitely no not anymore if it ever was !

if your smart there is always something to promote
-xmass
-new year
-valentines
-st Paddy's
-mothers day
-fathers day
-Chinese new year
-easter
spring - get your feet in shape for the summer
-summer get your feet out
Halloween
blah blah

But on top of all of that !
now there is Shellac and other UV color coats ..........
so your clients can have that winter warming spa pedicure in the middle of November and NOT have to wear there flip flops in the snow !

they can have the chip free glossy low maintains / risk manicure for the summer holidays ,

Thanks everyone, thats great to hear. I really thought there would be summer and Xmas and then very quiet in between :)

Definitely not.
If you are a successful nail technician your book will be full of maintenance procedures as your clients nails will need regular attention to keep their nails in order as they grow.

Up until the time your book is full and you cannot accommodate any new clients there may be times that there is slightly more demand such as Christmas and holiday seasons. But as mizzy dizzy commented, there are always clients to be targeted.

Once you have attracted clients to your business it's much easier to keep them with you rather than having to find new clients all the time.

Latest posts

Back