Is Olaplex no 2 and no 3 the same?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairgaga

Reaction score
Hi guys
The ingredients read the same I guess I'm just after confirmation!

Last edited:
I think no 3 is less concentrated then 1 and 2 from what I remember form another post.

Olaplex no2 has 15% of the active ingredient, and no3 has 12,5%.

Hi #1 is 100%, 2 is 15%. These are to be used in shop as stand alone and with colors and lightners, #3 is 12.5% and is for the client to use at home. You can go to Olaplex.com lots of great info.

Both are the same creme form but number 3 has slightly less active ingredient

I find it strange that their's such a big jump in concentration from no. 1 to no. 2 then such a tiny drop down to no. 3!

Olaplex is a true chemical, it's highest form is #1, which gets deep into the Cortex to bond the disulfide bonds back together, from the chemical you are using it with whether it's lightener, color, or perms. Then the #2 comes into place to push even more in with the help of some bases that help it stay in the hair. #3 is for the client, this is what is needed to maintain the bonds until they need their hair done again.
As a chemist, this is one of the most impressive products- medicines- for the hair.
-Mags Kavanaugh
AskMags.com, a Stylists 911

ColourBoy there is a reason for the "drop"
#1 is full strength of the active ingredient, it pacts the punch then #2 comes in and finishes the job of rebuilding the bond's, #3 is just home maintenance and it has no need to be as strong

Latest posts

Back