Is OPI GelColor better for difficult nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
I started off my career using Shellac and love it, it's still my favorite, but introduced Gelish into my services shortly after for more color options, and have of course noticed different nails hold up better with one or the other.
I have the Brisa lite, and the Gelish structure gel to help with difficult nails, but still have issues with some clients, myself included, only lasting just short of two weeks before chipping.
I've got a couple gel 2 colors and that has worked well for some, but not all.
One of my problem clients went to a wedding out of state and got her nails done with OPI gel color and it lasted almost 3 weeks for her! I really can't afford to introduce a new line right now, but if it is worth it I may try to find a way :)

I started off my career using Shellac and love it, it's still my favorite, but introduced Gelish into my services shortly after for more color options, and have of course noticed different nails hold up better with one or the other.
I have the Brisa lite, and the Gelish structure gel to help with difficult nails, but still have issues with some clients, myself included, only lasting just short of two weeks before chipping.
I've got a couple gel 2 colors and that has worked well for some, but not all.
One of my problem clients went to a wedding out of state and got her nails done with OPI gel color and it lasted almost 3 weeks for her! I really can't afford to introduce a new line right now, but if it is worth it I may try to find a way :)

Not in my experience, it has always lasted similarly to Shellac in terms of strength especially on problem (weaker) nails. I always use smoothing gel with my shellac on weaker more flexible nails with good results x

Latest posts

Back