Is she too heavy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hiya, I’m currently a mobile therapist and have had a booking for an eyebrow wax and tint. When I went to do her patch test I saw that she was a very large lady, my bed says it holds max. 35 stones but I’m worried that it may be an exaggeration. Am I being too cautious? I don’t want to be rude to the lady and ask her weight (my guess is around 30st) but I also think she would be more embarrassed if the bed were to break, not to mention any injuries. Has anyone had this issue? Thanks in advance x

I wouldn't even try and get her on the bed - have her sat in the chair where she is most comfortable and do it from there.

Thank you. I was thinking of doing that.

Yes have her sat on a chair, I’ve had a client breaking my bed, it didn’t fall, but it cracked and I couldn’t use anymore due to the squeaky noises, I don’t think she was the max weight but it can happen when they sit on x

Mine has held some very huge people yet it was broken by a tiny woman jumping off of it. It’s not so much the weight as how it is spread out. My mum is a nightmare just sees it and jumps smack bang into the middle of it and I tell her off. I often explain how to get on and if someone is being reckless the next time I don’t let them get on it unaided and tell them step by step - stand on stool. Sit on couch. Lay down. Some people need it explaining.

If you have a notched couch you can double up the legs. So the lower it is, the thicker the legs and the more sturdy it is. I have to have mine as high as it goes or I get a bad back so it’s two pieces of wood attached only sat the middle, but if someone is very big I will drop it a few notches. The wood being doubled up gives added strength. When they are very very big, I drop it down quite a way and tighten the knobs.

Mine has held some very huge people yet it was broken by a tiny woman jumping off of it. It’s not so much the weight as how it is spread out. My mum is a nightmare just sees it and jumps smack bang into the middle of it and I tell her off. I often explain how to get on and if someone is being reckless the next time I don’t let them get on it unaided and tell them step by step - stand on stool. Sit on couch. Lay down. Some people need it explaining.

If you have a notched couch you can double up the legs. So the lower it is, the thicker the legs and the more sturdy it is. I have to have mine as high as it goes or I get a bad back so it’s two pieces of wood attached only sat the middle, but if someone is very big I will drop it a few notches. The wood being doubled up gives added strength. When they are very very big, I drop it down quite a way and tighten the knobs.

That’s great advice, thank you. I have mine the highest it’ll go at the moment, I’m quite tall so this helps my back. I had her lay on her sofa today but she wasn’t very comfortable, she has already rebooked for in 5 weeks time so will hopefully become a regularly client xx

That’s great advice, thank you. I have mine the highest it’ll go at the moment, I’m quite tall so this helps my back. I had her lay on her sofa today but she wasn’t very comfortable, she has already rebooked for in 5 weeks time so will hopefully become a regularly client xx

I think you will now have that client as your regular from now as you have done the first treatment. My very large ladies , once they get to meet you and have their first session they will not go anywhere else. She must like you from the start so well done you for coping with the new situation.
I remember my old couch was wooden with the leg extender as described. A very large client split the wood and it went with such a crack! OMG frightened the life out of us. Burst out laughing afterwards, she was mortified and offered to buy a new couch for me.
My husband added a plywood strengthner and it was brilliant so was even stronger!
I used to take it on home visits, the few that I did , but I don't think it is worth it for eyebrows. I would position a dining chair close to a wall and use a bouncy cushion to lean her head into. Do the job from the front so to speak.
It will make life a bit easier for yourself Elizabeth.
One thing to note is that my 26 stone client did say if she fell or tripped and ended up on my floor she cannot get herself up. I am a 9 stone not that strong woman, so I knew I would have to call for an ambulance to get her up. Unless my strapping lads or husband were at home at the time.
Good luck for the future .
RosieR

Latest posts

Back