Is spray tanning really worth the outlay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dids

Reaction score
Hi all you spray tanners. I'm thinking of adding spray tanning to my treatment list at my beauty and nail salon, and was wondering just how popular it is and whether it is really worth the investment. Tried a search and found loads of info about which one etc, but couldn't find anything on the success of it in salons. I've just moved to larger premises and cashflow is a bit tight at the moment but also want to speculate to accumulate. Would be grateful for any help. Thanks

I hope it will be! I just brought a machine from www.onlinetanshop.com the "super spray" and a pop up tent it was shipped over from New Zealand (I had to pay £47 odd pounds extra ontop of the cost to get it over here once it landed in the u.k) but it was a third of the prices I saw in England and actually arrived within 2 weeks. :)

Hi, i invested in a mobile spray tan kit in June, was very concerned it wasnt going to be popular, I was wrong. Up until the last two weeks i was doing them non stop but only part time. Invest now ready for the xmas rush. You wont regret it.:)

YES YES YES!
as long as its st tropez ultimate air!! i have a salon and tried every tan on the market, the one and only 100% fantastic tan is st tropez, i ve had it for over 5 yrs and never had any complaints, the spray booth is well worth the investment, stock IS expensive but i can say that i truely believe the customer will be satisified and a happy customer is a returning customer, and there is no better advertising then word of mouth recommendations! I also use creative and easy flow products for our nails, so your existing customers will be used to quality products, so i would'nt have top notch nails and a cheap tanning booth because thats not your type of client. spary tans can be in and out in approx 15 mins, set of nails can take upto 1hour, you could have 4 spray tans in an hour @ £25 each = £100 or just another set of nails for approx £35.00?? but invest in quaily products, equipment and most of all training!! its the key, as i say it is expensive but offering your clients an extra treatment at your salon can be priceless ; )
let me know if you go for it x x

I got my spray tan equipment etc around 15 months ago and although my other half complained at the amount of money I spent to set it up I made it all back in no time at all, and he had to eat his words.

Do it hunni and do it quickly before the spray tan business goes mad for christmas. Make sure you promote, promote, promote. Get some flyers out there, do some special offers to get people in and you won't look back.

Good luck.

Defo, especially at this time of year if you get your marketing right!

Def worth the outlay. My hubby also complained about the price he aint been complaining since with all the tans I have been doing. lol :):)

I hope it will be! I just brought a machine from spraytanning|sunless|tanextend|minimist|onlinetanshop.com|Welcome - Onlinetanshop.com the "super spray" and a pop up tent it was shipped over from New Zealand (I had to pay £47 odd pounds extra ontop of the cost to get it over here once it landed in the u.k) but it was a third of the prices I saw in England and actually arrived within 2 weeks. :)

you can also buy this machine from the website below -

Shadez Spray Tan

xx

Thanks for all your replys, you've all been a great help. Some serious spending going on soon I think.

definatly go for it! I got mine in July and have regulars!! I am already getting booked for xmas for all the balls and parties! I also do nails and mani & pedi and am offering xmas packages which has gone down well! For example tan, nails and pedi for a certain price!!(obviously not done on same day!!)
I have had one lady book this package twice for december!!!!!:)

Go for it!! It is such a quick treatment to do and you will get the outlay paid in no time!!

Its definately something on my wish list, and I've had the same concerns! Also my concerns are multiplied as a guy doing it! I'm getting a lot of interest in my Waxing services but not so sure that Tanning will work quite as well. And its a really hard one to judge or research.

Well I suppose I could always do Tranny Tan ... tanning by a drag queen parties for something different.

Its definately something on my wish list, and I've had the same concerns! Also my concerns are multiplied as a guy doing it! I'm getting a lot of interest in my Waxing services but not so sure that Tanning will work quite as well. And its a really hard one to judge or research.

Well I suppose I could always do Tranny Tan ... tanning by a drag queen parties for something different.

Do you already do treatments on women? If so ask them how they would feel about a man doing it!!??

Ps I think Tranny Tan is very catchy!! Cool name!!

you can also buy this machine from the website below -

Shadez Spray Tan

xx

That's cheap! whish I'd seen that I thought I had a bargin. I do like my pink sticker though (making myself feel better!) This is a very good machine and I have found I have the hang of spray tanning after only spraying 3 people, once you have the flow setting and spray distance right.

Latest posts

Back