Is there a list of trusted and untrustworthy brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamgibbs

Reaction score
Is there a list of trusted brands and a list of white bottle brands? Is there one place where we can check the DS/MSDS of a companies products? Although I am aware that some white bottle brands list different ingredients on these compared to what’s actually in the product - is there a place that lists these brands also?

It would be so useful if there was a place we could all check to see if which brands contain HEMA, etc, and those people have experienced allergic reactions to, etc.

There are many thousands of brands today across Europe, the majority of these buy from China because the gel polish costs less than $1 a bottle, they will do the filling and labelling, and have low minimum order amounts - so it is very low cost to create a "brand".

So the amount of work to create such a list, is massive and made more difficult because many brands do not publish the ingredients on their webshop or make SDS/MSDS freely available - and many of these won't be accurate.

In theory the regulators in each country should be inspecting products, checking if the ingredients on the label or SDS are accurate, if the products contain banned ingredients or excessive amounts of restricted ingredients (like HEMA). But they are underfunded and these brands know that.

It has been illegal to sell products containing HEMA to non-professionals since December 2020. Yet many products in the UK and other countries sold in plain sight through their web shops, eBay, Amazon, to hobbyists contain this. Unfortunately, I don't see this situation changing anytime soon.

It has been illegal to sell products containing HEMA to non-professionals since December 2020.
Wow, I did not know that! I don't suppose you have a source for this law?
How are bigger amazon brands getting away with this? Mylee is available very very widely on Amazon, Asos, FeelUnique and specifically marketed at home users. Their products contain HEMA

Latest posts

Back