Is there a semi permanent fix for this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristalinx

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've made a mess of my own hair and I'm just after a bit of reassurance that it's at least salvageable without any more damage. I'm a qualified hairdresser but it's been about 8 years since I worked professionally, I mostly just do my own hair and the odd family member now.

It previously had a fair bit of colour build up on it and I wanted to remove that and lift it a little bit to brighten . I bleached it all with bleach and 20 vol (Swarkzkopf Blondme 9+) and had it on for about ten minutes, followed by toning with dialight 10.1 and 6 vol. My natural root is a level 7-8 and the pieces with colour on were a level 9 very warm blonde. I didn't account for the weather is the only thing I can assume because I've ended up looking like a reject from Game of Thrones!

It could be worse and luckily I've not ended up with chewing gum hair but I can't deal with it and I've called a salon to explain and asked if they can put a demi colour over or something to tone it down. The girl I spoke to was lovely but I don't think she was properly listening to what I said.

I'm just after some reassurance that some sort of temporary fix is possible and ideas of what you would do if presented with my hair. Doesn't have to be anything specific just some ideas as I'm worried about getting pressured into something I don't want by a hairdresser I'm not used to. If I could wave a magic wand over it I would take it to a medium or even light strawberry blonde but I'm stepping well away from my mixing bowl for now!

I've attached some photos of the colour.

Attachments

• PXL_20210723_062804106~2.jpg
    PXL_20210723_062804106~2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • PXL_20210723_062814561.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210723_062814561.MP.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 59
Maybe try applying 9/7 or a neutral 8 in Illumina mixed with 1.9% CT emulsion. I really like Illumina because its a soft translucent colour rather than a solid block colour.

Attachments

• 4A13D7EA-95DE-474B-90E1-D9381CC58CA0.jpeg
    4A13D7EA-95DE-474B-90E1-D9381CC58CA0.jpeg
    509.4 KB · Views: 21
What sort of colour were you originally aiming for?
Obviously 20vol and 9+ levels gives a considerable amount of lift. And a 10.1 toner will only ever take your hair to a level 10. Are you looking for a more natural blonde result?

Hi All,

I've made a mess of my own hair and I'm just after a bit of reassurance that it's at least salvageable without any more damage. I'm a qualified hairdresser but it's been about 8 years since I worked professionally, I mostly just do my own hair and the odd family member now.

It previously had a fair bit of colour build up on it and I wanted to remove that and lift it a little bit to brighten . I bleached it all with bleach and 20 vol (Swarkzkopf Blondme 9+) and had it on for about ten minutes, followed by toning with dialight 10.1 and 6 vol. My natural root is a level 7-8 and the pieces with colour on were a level 9 very warm blonde. I didn't account for the weather is the only thing I can assume because I've ended up looking like a reject from Game of Thrones!

It could be worse and luckily I've not ended up with chewing gum hair but I can't deal with it and I've called a salon to explain and asked if they can put a demi colour over or something to tone it down. The girl I spoke to was lovely but I don't think she was properly listening to what I said.

I'm just after some reassurance that some sort of temporary fix is possible and ideas of what you would do if presented with my hair. Doesn't have to be anything specific just some ideas as I'm worried about getting pressured into something I don't want by a hairdresser I'm not used to. If I could wave a magic wand over it I would take it to a medium or even light strawberry blonde but I'm stepping well away from my mixing bowl for now!

I've attached some photos of the colour.
Hey hunni - if you looking for a base 7 or 8, you need to tone at that level, but you will need to put back yellow/ orange tones if you don’t want it looking “ flat & muddy”. So, if aiming for base 7 - tone yellow/orange, then desired colour. I’m not sure what colours you use, but if you don’t want it mega warm and more beige/ Pearl, maybe look at a 7.23 - hope that makes sense. Add - affinage infinity do a coffee shop range, 7.036 or 8.035, and you can use them straight over pre lightened, but even as a permanent, they will fade x

So this is where we ended up, I really like the colour. She mixed a flat 9 with an 8C, I'm not sure what the brand was as I'm Loreal trained but should be easy enough to replicate with dialight.

Attachments

• PXL_20210723_143945939~2.jpg
    PXL_20210723_143945939~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47

Latest posts

Back