Is there a soak-offable Gel....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphrodite

Reaction score
...In existence? It's really annoying having to file it off.... :mad:

Aphrodite said:
...In existence? It's really annoying having to file it off.... :mad:

I use Biosculpture it soaks of in 15-20 mins. Never tried faze so carnt comment.

Little Angel said:
I use Biosculpture it soaks of in 15-20 mins. Never tried faze so carnt comment.
Bio Sculpture gel soaks off as does a gel called Reflex.

Lynda

calgel is also soakable i think it is a very similiar gel to bio sculpture

collette

I use IBD and although I have been told its a soak off gel,I`ve never done that successfully so I buff now.

IBD isnt soakable (nor Faze)... well... saying that... any gel can be removed by soaking... that is... if you have several hours to spare.

There are some Gels that are removeable via soaking in solvents (like BioSculpture and Calgel).

I also use IBD gel which is marketed by Grafton as Soakable, and they train you to soak off if you do their product training. However - it is much quicker and easier to buff off, and seems to take forever to soak off.

I had a biosculpture test nail done at a show and that soaked off extremely fast.

huh. Things must have changed since I was working with IBD... How long did it take to soak?
Remember that any Gel can soak off... it just takes ages for the solvent to penetrate true gels.

The Nail Geek said:
IBD isnt soakable (nor Faze)... well... saying that... any gel can be removed by soaking... that is... if you have several hours to spare.

Thats what I thought too Sam and my instructions say that too.
But I know a little geek that soaks hers off and her instructions DO say to do that, so things must have changed from way back when.
I think I only converted to IBD about 18 months ago but having said that, I can feel another conversion coming on can`t I Sam? :D

Well I had a demo nail done with IBD about 15 months ago and I sat with my finger in acetone for an hour trying to remove it, I got in a right mess with it I can tell you. Came online and someone told me to file it off. I ended up doing both :evil:
Debs said:
but having said that, I can feel another conversion coming on can`t I Sam? :D
Hmmm, me too Debs! ;)

The Nail Geek said:
huh. Things must have changed since I was working with IBD... How long did it take to soak?
Remember that any Gel can soak off... it just takes ages for the solvent to penetrate true gels.

In their training literature it says 15minutes. This is absolutely not true. I have never successfully soaked it off to be fair - I always give up and buff it off.

I do wonder if the times they are talking about refer to the coloured gels. They seem to be of a different formulation. If you buff the top coat sealer off and then soak off the colour gel overlay it does indeed soak off in about 15 minutes. It seems to leave the clear basecoat intact. It is still easier and less fuss to buff this off though.

I know akzentz is coming out with one very soon, I think it's called Options. If Anna's around she can probably tell us more. The UK distributor is http://www.nailsplusbeauty.com/ if you are interested.

Laura in Snowy Ontario, Canada :mad:

Sorry to sound a bit dim but am I correct in thinking that you would still have to soak off the tip once the gel has been filed? :confused:

Hey there,
Just read threw this and wondered, if Faze gel is not gel that can be soaked off then why is it, that it comes when purchased with faze gel remover liquid? what is this for?

I must say that I use Faze and so far have found it to be excellent, so have never needed to remove it but naturally would be interested to find out what the remover product is for, if not to rid the gel from the nail.

Grace x

grace said:
Hey there,
Just read threw this and wondered, if Faze gel is not gel that can be soaked off then why is it, that it comes when purchased with faze gel remover liquid? what is this for?

I must say that I use Faze and so far have found it to be excellent, so have never needed to remove it but naturally would be interested to find out what the remover product is for, if not to rid the gel from the nail.

Grace x

it's for the faze 2 ;)

The thing about soakable gels is that usually they are rubbery in feel and they can yellow.
I prefer non-soakable gels (hard gels).
Akzentz' did come up with a new gel called Options and this one is "soak off type". It has a very nice shine, doesn't file rubbery.....but you have to file off the top layer and then soak it...from my experience it doesn't soak of like L&P (doesn't become like a wet paper), but it files off like a butter after that.

I soaked Options for 10 min, maybe if it soaked longer, it would soak off more.
But it is not really nessesary to soak it off every so often as it doesn't yellow and it files nice.

Doug Schoon told me last week that to have a Gel that soaks off would be a wonderful thing - the problem is that right now, the technology behind the gel that can be soaked off is very unstable and will never be as strong as an unsoakable one - he insists that one day, it will be possible to have a strong soak-off-able gel but until those ingredients are available - the best gels will be the unsoakoffable (my new word) ones!!! God I hope that makes sense:rolleyes:

Mrs Geek said:
Doug Schoon told me last week that to have a Gel that soaks off would be a wonderful thing - the problem is that right now, the technology behind the gel that can be soaked off is very unstable and will never be as strong as an unsoakable one - he insists that one day, it will be possible to have a strong soak-off-able gel but until those ingredients are available - the best gels will be the unsoakoffable (my new word) ones!!! God I hope that makes sense:rolleyes:
is that a hint that the new brisa gel wont be a soak off product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back