Is there an afterlife?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knows what goes on after death. We will never really know for sure.

But meanwhile, I believe that we should accept anything that brings us comfort and go with the flow.

Quite a few unexplained things have happened since my Nana died and I don't question it, I just take it all in and feel comforted by it.

Sorry to hear you are so sad, hugz from Australia. xx:hug::hug:

Hi Marie, no you are not going mad! as i was reading your thread i smiled to my self and felt aww her mums is watching over her now. You can always talk to ya mum she will here you just sit and have a quite minute when you feel you need one.I know its hard as iv had close ones passed over and still grieving now but i know they are still there watching over me..Take care if you ever need to chat send us pm.xxxxx

Thank you everyone for your replies to this thread and I have had some lovely PM's too. I now don't think I am going mad... and I actually spoke to my Dad today regarding my dream etc and he said that he has heard noises upstairs at the usual times when my Mum used to get out of the bath of an evening... he's not sure if the creaking floor is coincidence or if it really is Mum letting know she is still near. He also said he has heard noises in the kitchen, such as the fridge door opening. I actually feel comforted now and hope Mum is really there watching over me... :green:

Marie,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My Mum died very suddenly 4 years ago (just) aged 61. Shortly after she died, I had a dream like you - Mum sat smiling on the side of my bed, stoked my head and told me everything was going to be ok.

Also when she's "about" the lights in the house have a bit of a mental fit, and flash like disco lights!!

It does get somewhat easier, but hold onto the dream, especially onto the more difficult days - she was there to let you know she loves you.

If you need a shoulder, I'm only a PM away :hug:

Marie,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My Mum died very suddenly 4 years ago (just) aged 61. Shortly after she died, I had a dream like you - Mum sat smiling on the side of my bed, stoked my head and told me everything was going to be ok.

Also when she's "about" the lights in the house have a bit of a mental fit, and flash like disco lights!!

It does get somewhat easier, but hold onto the dream, especially onto the more difficult days - she was there to let you know she loves you.

If you need a shoulder, I'm only a PM away :hug:

Aww thanks... everyone's being so lovely about this! :hug: I'm so sorry for everyone elses losses too, it seems a lot of you, like me, have lost parents at young ages.

My Dad asked me to post his experience that he had at the weekend...

He said he was sitting in his chair nodding off, when he felt a prescence in the room, he looked up and seen my Mum standing in front of him looking at him and smiling. The thing that he said was extremely weird was that she looked as she did when she was 21 when they were on their honeymoon... but also the fact that she had no clothes on! :eek:

Now, whether my Dad was dreaming or not I don't know... I thought if you saw people in the afterlife or whatever they would look how they did when they died??

I believe there is life after death I just think there is so much to life that we just dont turn to dust after and then nothing thats it. I feel my loved departed family near me and I talk to them all the time (in my head)

:hug:
According to Sylvia Browne ( the spiritualist)..
She says that everybody in the afterlife is 30 years old.....

Sincerely
the nail fairy:hug: :hug:

Hello,
Firstly I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, but It is a great comfort when you still 'feel' them with you.
I was pregnant with my first son when my Nan died, we were very close and always felt I was her 'special' one.
Anyway, I went to visit my Grandad when Ben was a few weeks old, and we slept in their bed, and In the night, I woke, and was wide awake,straight away, which never happens, it usually takes me ages and to my left, was my Nan, as I remembered her as a little girl, with a sort of warm glow around her, looking at her great grandson in his carrycot.then she looked over at me and smiled. It was the most emotional experience and a huge comfort to me. The weird thing was my husband had woken later for a wee and woke me up to go downstairs with him as he felt scared but couldn't explain why! He'd only met my Nan a couple of times as we lived in the States, and I'd always visited on my own, so he had no real connection to her.
It was a true comfort to know she was there to see me and her new Great grandson.
Talk to her , she'll be listening.

When I was 18 I had a friend the same age who died in a car accident he was male.

We had dated nothing serious just at high school. we still remained friends and often bumped in to each other.

I was also friends with his sister

The same night as the funeral. As I was asleep he came down and kissed me on the lips and then dissapeared.

The next day I was so comforted by this and made my life a bit easier at the time.

I still think hes watching me now and helping in me through my life.

My mum also had a friend that past away, they had always worked together for many years. After her death my mum drempt that they were both at work and headed of to the same bus stop to catch the bus home.

But she didnt get on the bus and my mum did, and she waved my mum off.

Just bumping this back up again as today I had the most amazing experience! Now some people may think that I'm mad but I don't care... it's special to me! :D Especially as I am struggling a little bit with losing my Mum 3 months ago.

Took my Dad down to my Mum's grave this morning as he ordered the headstone about 4 weeks ago and we weren't sure if it had been put on... so we went down and it was - looked great, my Mum would have loved it as Dad got it etched with a lovely rose and dove. Anyway to the point...

We were talking about our experiences and he was only telling me the other day that the floor had stopped creaking and he didn't think Mum was 'around' anymore which we were both gutted about as I haven't had another one of those vivid dreams.

But today he said on Friday he was walking up the stairs when a perfume smell hit him when he was 2 steps up... no where else but this one spot on the stairs smelt! Just to let you know Mum had her heart attack at the top of the stairs, fell and died at the bottom, so the stairs seems a relevant place!

So when we got home from the cemetary, I went to go upstairs to look at his computer for him, forgetting about the conversation, and then sure enough 3/4 of the way up the perfume smell was there... as strong as anything and only in the one place and around the top of the stairs! I was totally amazed as I've NEVER experienced something like this before. I was also really excited and shouted Dad to come up, he could smell it again too, anyway went to sort his computer and I kept going to 'sniff' the stairs but the smell had disappeared. About half an hour later, my ex Rich turns up with our little boy to see my Dad so I go downstairs and again the perfume smell was there... so of course I got Rich to go test it! For the next couple of hours when I was there I kept going to 'smell test' the stairs walking up and down like a loon LOL! Air was smell-free, until Rich and my little boy were going, I went to check again and this time it smelt at the bottom of the stairs where my Dad had first smelt it!

Sorry a long one but I was feeling comforted and excited by this and hope that I do experience it again... you just know next time I go round to Dad's that I'll be rushing to 'smell' the stairs LOL! :lol:

i am a spiritualist and fully believe that when we leave the earth plane it is not the end but each to their own its whatever people believe in:)

Latest posts

Back