Is there still a stigma attached to age gap relationships?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband has 13 years on me and we are great together. We're comming up on our 6th anniversary and it's great. I think that as long as you are on the same level then everything will be fine.:hug:

Reading this thread has been great. It really does show you that NO, age doesn't matter. :) There may still be a stimga around it with some close minded people, but overall...look how many of us our out there! :hug:
I'm 21, my husband is 33 in feb. We have been together since I was 16.
I had a lot of problems early on with my mother accepting the situation (being very religious and definately not open minded when it comes to things like relationships), it took her a couple of years to get used to it, but she doesn't notice at all anymore.
Whatever happened in the past, it has all been worth it in the end. We have been married for 18 months now (living together since a year into the relationship).

I wish you all the happiness in the world! :Love:

Everyone has been so lovely!! Although there is bout 35 years between us!!!!!! :suprised: Not quite the average age gap!! But you know what? We are both single, either no kids, get on absolutely fantastic, so respectful, fancy him loads! And I don't think I have ever felt like this before. You do only live once and have to live for the moment. As it would be awful to miss out on something potentially fantastic and life changing. Even with a large age gap, we have similar interests and goals in life. He bought me flowers today... Roses. I felt so touched! I am very happy at the moment and enjoying getting to know him and each other more.

xxxx :Love: :Love: :Love:

THANK YOU EVERYONE.. It just proves that when it comes to it, you can't help who you feel for. And surely, the point of being on this earth is to be happy? xx

Go Hayley go Hayley, i can see your beaming grin from here, go and enjoy xxx

Hiya

i'm 39 and hubby 53yrs(we love love love each other)

If this bloke blows ya skirt up then gp for it:Grope:
age is nothing love is everything:hug:
have fun and take care at the same time

jenx

Hayley if you like him then go for it, forget all the people that will frown upon it, life is far, far, far, too short !

Good luck and keep us posted !!:hug:

I like the look of older men - loads of young blokes come in the salon and they don't interest me whatsoever... even the 30ish blokes!!

The more rugged looking the better!

I lived with a 35 year old when I was 16 and we were together a couple of years.. only problem there was, he had three kids and one of them was actually older than me, in the same college and drinking in the same clubs I went to... and his youngest son was 10 calling me 'mum' - I used to make his packed lunches and walk him around to school... iron his uniform etc etc.... but I used to smoke pot back then as all the students did... and his youngest caught me making a joint... - I just thought to myself... no way. I can't do this anymore! (How could I be a role model to a 10 year old and still live my teenage years?!) and got the hell out of there and went to work in Greece. Stayed there and met someone who didn't have kids, didn't need me to help with homework etc etc and I just realised that there was more to life.

In your situation it's great - there are no kids involved and you both work, are both mature and can do what the hell you like.

Go for it - regret what you DON'T do... not what you do!

I hope you have a lovely time snuggled under some mistletoe this year!

I think you should just go for it! You only live once why waste time when he could be the person you have been looking for and the one you want to be with - is it because you are worried what people will think? I have learnt the hard way that your life will be so much happier and more fulfilling if you concentrate on your happiness, peace of mind and what YOU think, rather than everyone else!

People will always gossip whilst there are people on this earth - doesnt mean they achieve anything from it (including happiness!) and people will always judge - unfortunatly its human nature.

JMO - do what makes you happy and will make you feel full and contented inside, when people see you smiling they will automatically smile with you :green:

Celeb large age gaps:

Peter Stringfellow and fiancee - 65 and 22

Tony Robinson and girlf - 60 and 25

Charlie Chaplin and Oona O'neill - 56 and 17

!! x

Ages gaps aren't a problem IMO. They can be a problem if the older party likes to take the upper hand (which you do see sometimes) but you sound very happy with your friendship so far.

My husband is younger than me. When we first started going out, he was 19, I was separated with 3 children, and we worked together. Can you imagine how well that went down with his parents and work colleague's!! We have been together for over 7 years now, are married have had a child together and are trying for another. He is an angel and I love him to bits, fortunately he feels the same about me!

His parents are fine about it now and have welcomed me and my children into their family with open arms.

If it feels right, go for it xxx

Latest posts

Back