Is there such a thing as a "kind" hair relaxant treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtp

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Can anyone advise if there is any relaxant treatment that would be considered least harsh to use on fine hair?

My hair is extremely curly (we're talking Mrs Twink perm here:)), with the added difficulty of being very fine, and dry. I have it coloured by Aveda using their colourants, which are plant based.

My hairdresser some years back used to regularly chemically relax my hair pre cutting to drop the curl, which worked pretty well. Then I got worried about the impact of all the chemicals on my hair and also my hairdresser went to New York to work, so no more relaxing!

Look forward to hearing from ya all....jtp x

My daughter tried one called Yuko
It worked but left her hair a bit dry, but I think that will always be the trade-off with this kind of treatment.:rolleyes:

Hi everyone

Can anyone advise if there is any relaxant treatment that would be considered least harsh to use on fine hair?

My hair is extremely curly (we're talking Mrs Twink perm here:)), with the added difficulty of being very fine, and dry. I have it coloured by Aveda using their colourants, which are plant based.

My hairdresser some years back used to regularly chemically relax my hair pre cutting to drop the curl, which worked pretty well. Then I got worried about the impact of all the chemicals on my hair and also my hairdresser went to New York to work, so no more relaxing!

Look forward to hearing from ya all....jtp x

Hi jtp, I love loreal perms as they are so kind to the hair
I do believe they make an excellent relaxer called Extenso , perhaps another hair geek that uses the Loreal Extenso system
will answer some more also , :hug:

Latest posts

Back