Is this a bad haircut?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angellar

Reaction score
Hi,

I got my haircut yesterday and I asked for what ever needed to be taken off the length with long layers and a bit of shaping. We agreed ~1.5 inches ( chopped off a bit more but was ok with that as it was past my bra strap length wise) he kept on cutting one side of my hair to the point that I had tears in my eyes and asked him to stop as it looked like I was growing out a chunky fringe. He reassured me that it would be ok with shaping and continued. Again he kept touching that one section of hair which felt like it was getting shorted and shorter ( now chin length) when I asked him to stop again. By this stage I was crying. He went to get his manager who frankly was harsh and said I had to let him finish it and it wouldn’t look like that.

To my dismay he started thinning out big chunks and the front and now I have 2 uneven sides to which both him and his manager said looked fine and it’s as agreed. To be fair he did seem flustered and was trying his best.

I paid and ran out in tears as it wasn’t as agreed and there’s no way to cover it up. Just bought clip in hair extensions which I will try but after them reassuring me it was ok I am now questioning if I am being a drama queen.

I would really love to hear from a professional whether or not this is really bad?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance :)
645CFAC9-DA45-483B-994F-16CF5C31E8BA.jpeg
645CFAC9-DA45-483B-994F-16CF5C31E8BA.jpeg

OMG, you’re not being a drama queen.
I can’t believe they had the nerve to take money off you. I think you need to go back and complain very loudly and get the salon to pay for professional hair extensions for that front section. That’s such a shockingly bad haircut and I can’t imagine how anyone qualified to level 2 could get it so spectacularly wrong. The mind simply boggles.

Usually, I’d say give them a chance to put it right, but no way José.

A decent hairdresser will be able to give you a consultation and offer some suggestions.

Thank you so much for the response, it’s great to get someone’s view on this :)

How did it go?

You poor thing, that’s not a good cut at all. I would even ask for a full refund to be honest, really not fair that you had to pay!
Hope you’ve had it sorted x

Latest posts

Back