Is this a greenie? Please help (pic below)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this a Greenie?

• Total voters

Deannaaaa

Reaction score
My sister in law sent me this picture asking me what is on her nails. It looks to me like greenies. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 516
Looks like a greenie to me, has she recently had enhancements on?

Looks like a greenie to me, has she recently had enhancements on?
What's the best suggestions for treatment? Or should I just suggest she go see a doctor?

Looks like her nails have been damaged by the enhancements as you can see a ridge in her nails in the pic :-/
Tea tree oil's good for treating green nails, there are also products sold in health food shops over here that have tea tree in that you paint over the affected nails a few times a day, that should work.

What's the best suggestions for treatment? Or should I just suggest she go see a doctor?
Wouldn't go off my opinion though -
I would be asking questions about those enhancements about lifting and how they were removed? Might help you. Remember though that nail techs can advise but don't diagnose.

It does look like a greenie.

Once the enhancements were removed the bacteria has died so there is no need for treatment.

The stain that is on the nail will not fade, it must be grown out.

It looks horrible, but its pretty harmless really.

Agree it looks like a greenie.

As noreen says, harmless enough. Just green.

Tea tree treats fungal, you just have to let this little sucker grow out. (Pseudomonas)

Don't tell me off as I've not been in this situation (and hopefully won't). If someone came with a 'greenie' would you leave it until it grows out and not put anything else on the nail?

Don't tell me off as I've not been in this situation (and hopefully won't). If someone came with a 'greenie' would you leave it until it grows out and not put anything else on the nail?

Once you've removed the coating from the nail and it's exposed to air and been prepped, the pseudomonas bacteria has died. It is only the stain left behind that will need to grow out. Reapplying a coating is perfectly fine x

Latest posts

Back