Is this a suitable space?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Do u think this is suitable to do nails/spray tanning from? I've given up my room so my daughter can have her own bedroom. I don't do loads of appointments as I work around 3 small children but don't really want to give up altogether and mobile work scares me a bit! Suddenly thought about my hall way as it is quite a large unused space, if I glammed it up a bit what do u think? Just quickly put table and chair there to show size and also will be changing door to non see through x

There isn't a picture so I can't see x

Do u think this is suitable to do nails/spray tanning from? I've given up my room so my daughter can have her own bedroom. I don't do loads of appointments as I work around 3 small children but don't really want to give up altogether and mobile work scares me a bit! Suddenly thought about my hall way as it is quite a large unused space, if I glammed it up a bit what do u think? Just quickly put table and chair there to show size and also will be changing door to non see through x

FYI - There's no attachment..

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461586588.174270.jpg
sorry such a donut forgot to put pic!

Is this what you see as you walk through the front door?
I think you will definitely need to brighten it up slightly and add some items to make it feel more like a room rather than a hallway.
Changing the door would help a lot and making sure no one will come in while the treatment is ongoing.

I think there is potential there but will have to make sure placement and furnishings are exactly right :)

I think it will be workable with the right furnishings as Beauty Tips said.

I would be a little more concerned with tanning. Perhaps a screen for privacy so they know nobody will come down the stairs. Also you'll want a good extractor fan so that your hall, stairs and landing don't get a coating of over spray.

It's a pretty area though x

Thanks ladies, my daughter had her first try at a room on her own tonight and within half an hour was in tears that she didn't want to be alone and moved back in with her sister [emoji23] so I may not have to re work the hall way after all!! Kids!!! Lol

Ok my daughter has got brave and claimed the bedroom! [emoji57] just playing this morn (stole my conservatory decor) but as an idea what do u think?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461845980.079962.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461845998.019624.jpg
mainly so I can just keep doing my regular shellac and pedi ladies.....

Ps my bunting keep falling (blue tac) lol would need an extra light and maybe some pretty led twigs or something but u get the idea x

Any more feedback ladies pls? Or will I just have to start thinking mobile...... [emoji15]

In my personal opinion I would be more than happy to have my nails done there, however I would be a bit cautious if I was to have a spray tan there, it would be better if it was a little more private. Have you thought about getting one of those screens to shut it off a bit (I appreciate you will be changing the door) hope this helps lovely x

Looks nice and inviting x

Thanks for taking time to reply [emoji3] yes had a look at some screens and can get some nice reasonable ones on eBay but I too am not sure if it would still feel a bit open, I don't do that many tans so maybe those I would just have to do mobile....

Yeah, as said by someone before, more than happy for nails here but anything more personal I don't think I would be comfortable. If you spray though maybe you could take them through to the bathroom or something?

A nice comfy chair as well if you are offering pedicures, could make it a little more welcoming :)
Also, a mirror could help with the light, on the wall by the door to bounce some light under the stairs as you will be blocking the light through there with a solid door.

Depends what the requirements are of your local authority (special treatment licensing), some are really strict and others are more reasonable.

I think it's a cute area x

It could be a very promising space to use as a treatment area. Have you had any ideas yet on the decor; e.g. colours etc? The first thing that popped into my mind was to paint the bottom half of the wall in your signature colour, then match it up with your towels and other accessories. Your business name could be displayed on the top part of the wall in some personalised written wall art stickers. You could fix a narrow shelf on top of the wooden boarder fitting the full width of the wall to display some products or retail. In fact, if you could find a compact unit (maybe Ikea) to fill the width and height of that section of the wall where the door is then that would be ideal for storage and it will ensure everything is always neat and to hand; towels; products; retail; a nice aromatherapy candle on the very top; a small radio or an ipad on a stand to play some quiet background music or even for clients to catch up on their missed programmes via ITV player, BBC iplayer etc always a good option to offer for longer treatments or anyone that's difficult to strike up conversation with. There's so much you can do with that little space it's just about being clever. Hope it all goes well - post pics once you're all set up it would be lovely to see x

Sorry i couldnt resist having a look on Ikea for some ideas for you lol. This is a childrens storage unit but no one would know once its full of lovely beauty products. Kids storage is great for smaller spacec and often a lot cheaper :)

Attachments

• 1462108854591.jpg
    1462108854591.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 80
Cheap stylish desk with good storage.

Attachments

• 1462108964286.jpg
    1462108964286.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 69
Kids furniture again. Check out this TROFAST range it comes in white and plain wood that you can paint yourself. Plus the storage boxes / drawers to go in them come in loads of different colours :)

Attachments

• 1462109007090.jpg
    1462109007090.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Back