Is this achievable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee7smith

Reaction score
My lady has just sent me this pic - she is between a 5-6 natural colour with the same length hair .. It's a white blonde with a toner on.. And will be the first time I have done this on someone . Is this achievable ??? How will I go about it ??

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334523081.130388.jpg

I am base 5 and I d bleach with 6% for 30 mins take off, condition and dry then Bleach and 3% for 30 mins then I tone with spv which would be 9.02 in loreal x

Thanks blue.. Loreal don't do 3% can I use another brand ? Also what happens when she just wants her roots touching up ?? Do I have to do the same thing again ?

Thanks blue.. Loreal don't do 3% can I use another brand ? Also what happens when she just wants her roots touching up ?? Do I have to do the same thing again ?

Unfortunately yes!! It's long process but worth it, or u could use 3% and just leave but itll be on ages!! yes use other brand, for peroxide

Can I ask why you would remove after 30 mins? Then apply again with 3%?

Wouldn't leaving but for 50 to 60 mins take you to the white blonde with 6%?? I have a client who is a base 5 and it works for her?? Then I tone.

Not contradicting what your doing, cause your fab and know what your doing, just love to know reason see if it comes in handy on some clients !!

I personally find it lifts better this way, the Bleach becomes a bit old and slow, even re applying doesn't help much, this way the bleach is fresh and your not killing the hair, if you do 2 lots of bleach with 6% the scalp will hate you for toning so drop to 3% ob second applucatiob and it won't be uncomfortable.

Like I say this is personally what I find to work, I do my roots every 2-3 weeks this time it's been 4 and I'm gonna know about it when I do it cause it'll lift very warm :( due to loss of scalp heat.

Sorry to butt in, blue rinse could I ask your advice... I was stupidly told I could use loreal platine with 40 on scalp. I did it on client yesterday and went yellow/ginger at back.I'm going back today and not knowing what to do as worried about putting more colour on scalp but not sure a toner will do much? Please help

My lady has just sent me this pic - she is between a 5-6 natural colour with the same length hair .. It's a white blonde with a toner on.. And will be the first time I have done this on someone . Is this achievable ??? How will I go about it ??

Get some L'Oreal platinum....... I used it for the first time on my roots last night, and the stylist doing it said I DIDN'T need toning?!.... Once dried it's the most crisp beautiful white blonde I have ever been, I apply my bleach first with 20vol, leave 30 mins, mix up fresh mix the reapply over.
I'm absolutely amazed by this product, well worth the money!
For a first application I would do as blue says, reapply 2 times!
Good luck :) x x

I'm just concerned about putting this on again over what I did yesterday :/

I'm just concerned about putting this on again over what I did yesterday :/

hannahtay, personally i would be extremely careful as I'm sure the hair condition has already been comprimised, whatever you do today on your clients hair, be extremely careful you dont damage, and also if you used 40 vol on the scalp yesterday i would say it will be extremely delicate, so just be careful, you may be safer to leave it for a few days then think about doing something when the skin has settled down.xx

I was told by my hairdresser that I am a base colour 5/6 brown and wanted to go that exact colour in your pic - I can't find a single hairdresser in a 20 mile radius that will touch my hair!!!

Bluerinse - if I note down what you do to yours and tell the hairdresser, do you think they will at least try lol xxx

Latest posts

Back