Is This Going To Hurt?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
As I'm considering Beauty Therapy, I have been growing my leg hairs and am going for my FIRST EVER waxing today. I may as well know what it feels like before I try it on somebody else. Should I keep the appointment:lol: or should I :Scared: lol?

Oh well, on the bright side, my hubby will be pleased that he is no longer married to a hairy gorilla:lol: .

OMG take a stick with you so you can bite on it! :lol: Actually my legs don't hurt me at all when I have them waxed, but then there isn't much hair on them!

Well they say no pain no gain, but I feel that it should last forever with the pain I experienced!!

I did it once.... OH NEVER AGAIN. And I thought my pain threshold was high! :eek:

Not only that, but I was wearing a skirt, but it was raining!! and by the time I had got back to the car, my legs were damp and came out in little red spots that were there for 24 hours!!! :o

I glady shave every 2/3 days now. Or use veet, in shower stuff.. even better for me. :green:

OMG take a stick with you so you can bite on it! :lol: Actually my legs don't hurt me at all when I have them waxed, but then there isn't much hair on them!
:Scared: Oh no! Am I running fast enough? PMSL

You'll be fine, it is a ittle uncomfortable but if it was that bad no one would do it would they!!! The first time is generally the worst then after that it gets less and less uncomfortable. Don't worry it's really not a big deal honest xxxx

your gonna cry !!!!!

pmsl xx

You'll be fine, it is a ittle uncomfortable but if it was that bad no one would do it would they!!! The first time is generally the worst then after that it gets less and less uncomfortable. Don't worry it's really not a big deal honest xxxx
You make me laugh Weezie and I take little comfort in what you say because women give birth once and then go back for more:lol: . You forget how bad it hurts!

YEAH RIGHT.....:eek: this is what i was told and six monthslater i,m still waiting for it to get better:irked::cry:

I felt nervous the first time I was going to be waxed (and i was a model for a student!!!) Had to have legs, bikini and underarm waxed, with 5 people stood round the couch watching - and I was 7 months pregnent!!!:lol: It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be though, legs are by far the least painful!:)

Just think it will only take half an hour ish and then its done and you'll forget the pain! I heard the body is programed to forget pain, otherwise no one would have more than one baby! I dont think it hurts at all, but everyones different. You have to try it so you know what it feel like for the client. Be brave, and think of england. Good luck.

Hi

It is true that it does get better but it still hurts me although I have to say my bikini is worse.

I take two nurofen half an hour before a wax and find that that really does help.

Good luck, I know a friend and she swears it does not hurt at all so I suppose it depends on you hair and pain threshold.

It also depends on whether the therapist applies oil under the wax and stretches the skin properly (even on the legs-especially the top!-you can help stretch at this point too)! I have clients who say "I must be less sensitive today as when so and so waxed me it hurt lots more" I'm thinking "nothing to do with technique or anything then"!!!!

Dont worr im sure it will hurt lol but at least ya will have tried it... i was vert scared wjen i first went but ya seem to manage to sit there till its done lol ... hope ya ok :) xx

Well thanks for your replies peeps. I'm off now to get waxed! Eeeeek! Will let you know how it goes when I've recovered, lol.

Tracy - Goddam it really hurts! But I found it to be ok after the first time and will have waxing done on my face regularly now, I put it off for ages. That first time is a bit painful though I've got to be honest..

it gets better as time goes on!! I have my legs, bikini and eyebrows waxed - although I have started to do my legs at home as I now have a waxing kit.

I find if you keep talking to your therapist it helps to take your mind off it a bit. I think eyebrows is the worst it makes my eyes water!!! And tweezeing around the ankles always seems to be a sensitive area!!

Well I'm back. Ouch, it did hurt but it was bearable. In fact I think the worst bit is after when the legs itch and burn slightly, although that's settled now.

Will I have it done again? Yup, I think I can cope, lol. xx

Well I'm back. Ouch, it did hurt but it was bearable. In fact I think the worst bit is after when the legs itch and burn slightly, although that's settled now.

yyyeeaaahhhh you brave little bunny..:hug: i must be a woos with pain cos it kills me:lol:

ahhhh you brave little soldier you !!!...xx

Awww, thanks guys :hug: . I look forward to not having to shave for ages now but I do have to say, " What do us gals put ourselves through in the name of beauty?" xx

Latest posts

Back