Is this legal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cierax

Reaction score
I've been doing acyrlic nails now for about a year and I would like to advertise on facebook and other places just to make a bit of extra money although I dont have any nail qualifications. I know you need them to work in a salon(I think anyway) but what about mobile? I dont want to do anything illegal lol.

Edit: thank you for the kind replies and I'm gonna get the training I need! :)

Last edited:
Really? I’m surprised you came to a professional site to ask such a thing! Is this a joke, maybe?

Really? I’m surprised you came to a professional site to ask such a thing! Is this a joke, maybe?
Instead of criticising me, you could just help me out? I constantly see non-proffesionals on here asking for advice. Like you cant just be nice?

Instead of criticising me, you could just help me out? I constantly see non-proffesionals on here asking for advice. Like you cant just be nice?

Welcome to Salon Geek.

I‘m very sorry, but this site is for salon professionals and so if you’re serious about a career in nails, then I can only suggest that you get yourself on an accredited training course or courses as soon as practicably possible.

Offering these services without training, qualifications or insurance (you can’t obtain the latter without qualifications by the way), then you could get yourself into real trouble and this should obviously be avoided.

Cierax, as you seem to have found a passion in acrylic nails and want to do this on other people. It would be best and cover your clients and your safety to go through professional training. No matter how much you think you know, it’s all the health and safety compliance that no amount of online videos can teach you and well as the 1:1 support you get by constructive criticism on getting for example your apex right, side walls straight and what you can and can’t use on top of an acrylic nail that only a professional can teach you.

This will allow you to gain insurance that can in worst cases stop you from being sued for any accidents or if for example, a client got a serious infection or you hurt them and you had taken all precautions in line with products and policies etc. The list goes on. Not to mention it will give you enormous confidence amongst technicians and other beauty pro’s like us who have trained for years and still train to keep up to date and stay at the top of our game for our clients. You understand that’s why you have come in for some criticism. I think you did right by asking though as you have to start somewhere. My advice, go and nurture your passion amd get qualified and insured :)

Ditto what everyone else has said above. Qualifications are there for a reason, to make sure you are adequately trained and experienced to be able to get insurance and provide a service to others. They are the benchmark of our industry. I personally wouldn’t let anybody cut my hair, pierce my ears, tattoo me, microblade my brows without being insured and fully experienced. Nails are no different.

Welcome to Salon Geek.

I‘m very sorry, but this site is for salon professionals and so if you’re serious about a career in nails, then I can only suggest that you get yourself on an accredited training course or courses as soon as practicably possible.

Offering these services without training, qualifications or insurance (you can’t obtain the latter without qualifications by the way), then you could get yourself into real trouble and this should obviously be avoided.
Thank you! I appreciate your advice and I'm going to get qualified:)

Cierax, as you seem to have found a passion in acrylic nails and want to do this on other people. It would be best and cover your clients and your safety to go through professional training. No matter how much you think you know, it’s all the health and safety compliance that no amount of online videos can teach you and well as the 1:1 support you get by constructive criticism on getting for example your apex right, side walls straight and what you can and can’t use on top of an acrylic nail that only a professional can teach you.

This will allow you to gain insurance that can in worst cases stop you from being sued for any accidents or if for example, a client got a serious infection or you hurt them and you had taken all precautions in line with products and policies etc. The list goes on. Not to mention it will give you enormous confidence amongst technicians and other beauty pro’s like us who have trained for years and still train to keep up to date and stay at the top of our game for our clients. You understand that’s why you have come in for some criticism. I think you did right by asking though as you have to start somewhere. My advice, go and nurture your passion amd get qualified and insured :)
Gonna get qualified, thank you :)

Ditto what everyone else has said above. Qualifications are there for a reason, to make sure you are adequately trained and experienced to be able to get insurance and provide a service to others. They are the benchmark of our industry. I personally wouldn’t let anybody cut my hair, pierce my ears, tattoo me, microblade my brows without being insured and fully experienced. Nails are no different.
Your definitely right, thank you!

I can join the group in wishing you success in finding and completing professional training. Your out going and up front personality will serve you well.

Latest posts

Back