Is this normal?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sassy_minx24

Reaction score
Hi All

I did a set of nails on my boyf's sister (she was my model for my CND foundation course). They looked good (smiles lines a bit dodgy though!!). Anyway the reason for this post is, today one pinged off when she caught it in her sons buggy (apparently it cleared about 6 ft !!). She said she caught it with some force so she's not surprised it came off.

When I looked at her nail every last bit of acrylic had come off and left her nail looking really good as if the tip and overlay had never been there. Is this normal ? The reason I ask is because in the past when I have pinged my own nails, the nail has come off at the stress area and left acrylic firmly attached to the nail plate with a horrid jagged free edge!

I know this post sounds abit trivial, but I would like to know whether it has anything to do with my application technique. This was my first full set, which I did about a week ago.

All info would be much appreciated.

Thanx Sassy xxx

Hi Sassy,

Did you prep the nail beforehand.

I'm only asking this because i know when i've applied nails and not prepped them (practising purposes!) ie etched,primer after a couple of days they ping straight off in one!

Louise xxx :D

Most Likely is that if it was your first set, the product was not pressed on firmly enough. Down to application technique.

If the product comes off like you describe, then it was never really well adhered in the first place just like any other lifting that occurs in the first week! Most likely your prep was good or it wouldn't have stayed on this long!

So the answer to your question is that normally you would see just what you described; product still adhered and broken at the free edge or stress area, and your sisters scenario is not normal.

Remember to PRESS that product onto the prepared nail plate firmly and not forgetting to press down the sidewalls and at the cuticle area - it is being 'timid' in these areas about pressing that is a major reason for lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back